Best Orange Ink

bemon

I have always been partial to Diamine Orange as a nice true orange, Diamine Autumn Oak as a nice orange that shades, and KWZ Eldorado as a nice yellow orange.

I have had all my Diamine anniversary inks behave amazingly, so I would think Blood Orange, and Golden Honey would be great for a wetter flow, dependent on the pen used of course.

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bemon

• Chrissy

• HalloweenHJB

• sharonspens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mont Blanc's Lucky Orange.

I was knocking my head around trying to find a great orange when someone showed me an example of it. That was it. Don't think it is available anymore as I got it towards the end of when it was an in stock. But man is it ORANGE!

Im a big fan of using orange ink and recently got a bottle of Akkerman #16 Oranje Boven and have really been enjoying writing with it. It definitely pops off the page. I might even got as far as saying I had found my perfect orange although I haven't yet tried the much revered Sailor Apricot (hopefully this will be remedied soon as I have a bottle on its way to me from the US).

Instagram: @nibs_and_ink

Blog: nibsink.blogspot.com

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV9fqrfaQipQG9G0lHfU4lw

Hi,

Though I am reluctant to engage in 'Best' Topics, I tend towards Pilot yu-yaki, yet I have affection for Herbin Orange Indien and am renewing a relationship with R&K Helianthus.

Part of the thing is to use a paper without optical brightening agents, which skew the perception of the ink. Also the paper should be a neutral white: I favour onionskin paper, or should Fortune smile upon you, a cache of the discontinued CHARACTER paper may be within a cat's whisker.

The Ink Review Forum has my contributions for Orange inks.

Definitely takes some time to get it right, but then I've always had an awkward time with warm inks.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

My favorite orange is still Montblanc Lucky Orange. It's really orange, without hints of red like most other oranges out there.

For a straight 'orange' orange, I like Kin-mosukei; for a deeper red-orange, KWX Grapefruit. Both have nice silver sheen and Kin shades.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I'm seeing a lot of KWZ love here. I like that :) unfortunately the only seller who stocks KWZ that I know of doesn't carry orange flavours.

For me it's FC Philly Pen Show '17. In between an orange and maroon. The only other orange I've used is Apache Sunset which is great in a flex nib but I don't see myself using it day to day.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Diamine Blood Orange is luscious, but if you want a brighter orange I like Sailor Apricot/Kin Mokusei (they are as close as makes no difference)

Exactly. These are wonderful lighter, yellow-oranges. Plus SHEEN!! :)

Nemosine's Solar Storm. It looks best in a wet pen, although I'm not sure it's a dry ink. It's just gorgeous with great shading.

Just got a bottle in the mail yesterday. I am very impressed. Bright, but not neon orange. I'll need some more time to explore its properties, but so far, I'm pleased.

I have also heard great things about J. Herbin's Orange Indien and have ordered a bottle of that. I have also heard that Robert Oster Ng Special is quite good.

Orange Indien is one of my favorites. Medium orange, but not too vivid, and it has a certain quality that I can't put my finger on. Something "spicy" like curry?

My favorite oranges are: Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-Yake, KWZI Monarch and new Monteverde Fireopal.

Great choices. I have a dedicated Pelikan M800 Grand Place for Monarch because it is so lovely, and Fire Opal is deep and rich. Highly recommended.

Well out of the samples I bought I think I like Sailor Apricot the best, but I don't think I'm ready to pick up a bottle. Storage issues notwithstanding, I'm not sure when I'd use it. Even for note taking at work it's a little light.

I'm a big fan of Sailor Kin-mokusei, for sure. Shading, sheen, well-behaved. I also really like Lamy Copper Orange, though as it was a special edition ink, it's not so easy to lay hands on these days.