Robert Oster Ink.art

NickiStew

robert_oster_inkart02.jpg

robert_oster_artink01.jpg

In the last 12 months, one name just keeps popping up again and again and again – Robert Oster. His Signature range of 80 fountain pen inks of rich vivid Aussie character have quickly become of the world’s most popular handwriting ink brands with great flow and colour definition. From a creative angle, they blend beautifully with water, and each other, while demonstrating chromatography and sheening in abundance AND, of course, they react with bleach to give that fabulous neon glow.

So what about Ink.Art? Targeting the growing art journaling and illustration markets, it’s essentially the Signature range, same names etc, with added UV protection. As you’ll see from the swatches, all of those creative qualities from the Signature range are in evidence – chromatography, blending and sheening – but with 2 differences. Bleaching – I’ve had to use double strength bleach to get a reaction – it could be the UV protection agent but the usual strength bleach wasn’t having any effect. The other difference is that these are only currently available in 100ml bottles. So what’s the verdict? Well the UV protection is, in my opinion, a very important move forward and doesn’t appear to have affected any of the lovely behavioural qualities. Fountain pen inks are notorious for quick fading so this UV protection will give both protection and longevity to any art created, allowing the art to be framed and admired without fear of fading. I must also add, that these inks are naturally fountain pen friendly and are intended as such.

With regards to price, I have no doubt that these are worth every penny, but for many, a full set of 80 colours may be out of reach. I’m still trying to find time to investigate the possibility of finding a limited palette i.e. making all the colours of the rainbow from 4 colours – Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. It maybe that this might be achievable with selected colours from this extensive range which would then leave funds to purchase the more complex colours. I’ll keep you posted.

If my vision of fountain pen inks expanding into the art sector should ever become a reality, it’s innovative individuals like Rob who are helping to realise that dream!

Ink.Art colours tested: Soda Pop, Blue Water Ice, Green at Night, River of Fire, Ryde Green, Sublime, Marrone Mustard, Terracotta, Plumb Nut, Clay Red and Golden Brown.

If you'd like to know more about this project, please take a look at my profile page.

Edited by NickiStew

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Barkingpig

• amberleadavis

• NickiStew

WOW,

After seeing your representation of Terracotta, combined with my already existing interest in Marrone Mustard, it is off to "see those "Fine Folks @ Vanness Pens!

(I will persuade myself I can always share the 100ml of Terracotta & not feel so guilty; I was already making a stop @ the Post today for another ink, that arrived this morning's "sample share," but the Post Office Personnel are also "Fine Folks," so I won't mind seeing them again, later in the week.)

.........................I am awaiting some combination of Freddy Mercury Ink Art............

Looking great.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Now did I miss Plumbnut?

How did *I* miss Soda Pop? Or Marrone Mustard? Are these a bunch of new colors? (I picked up a sample of Blue Water Ice at the Triangle Pen Show last month, but haven't had a chance to try it yet).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I KNEW they were there, but first ordered the Red Clay & held off MM & Terracotta, until I saw Mr. Stewart's post today. The Oster lineup of inks is so fast growing that it is hard to keep current. When I hear of ONE new one, take a look @ a Seller's listings, I usually find MORE new ones, than the one I was searching for.

It is just USELESS..........better to give in, keep signed up for NEW arrival listings!

Drat. I placed an order before I saw some of these. Now I need Soda Pop and Terracotta and... how did I miss a review of a green called Sublime? Want for my OBBs!

• 1 month later...

Sucker for marketing - I grew up in Ryde (Isle of Wight) so just HAD to order Ryde Green! Looks lovely too though.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

• 2 weeks later...

I totally miss this post... :wacko:

FANTASTIC WORK NICK!!... Such a beautiful display of Robert Oster InkArt.ink... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Looking forward to see your palette... ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,