My latest ink sample from Diamine is Diamine Sunset

This ink is a bright reddish orange shade that fits it's name really well. It's well saturated, and exhibited plenty of shading in my writing tests.
It wrote straight away without any hard starts or skipping with both of my pens on several different papers. The flow is very good and so is it's lubrication at the nib. it didn't feel particularly wet or dry. The dry time was reasonably quick on the papers I used it on, and there were no smears after it was dry.
I didn't have many inks that were a similar colour to compare it against. The ones I have are either more orange or more yellow.
  • This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, and it shows no noticeable water resistance.
  • I used a Lamy M nib and a Lamy 1.1mm nib and this ink took 15-16 secs to dry on my Rhodia Dot Pad 80gsm paper. No smear when dry.
  • It exhibited good flow and lubrication and I found it well behaved to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did my swabs and dry time tests.
  • It exhibited some show through on cheap copy paper.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1472142568__diamine_sunsetrdp.jpgfpn_1472142730__diamine_sunset1.jpgfpn_1472142805__diamine_sunseta.jpgfpn_1472142843__orange_inks.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• jandrese

• Diderot

• bobje

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Your color wheel is a great innovation for pen reviews -- nice comparative tool. Sunset does indeed look very close to pumpkin.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers