Namiki Nibs

mongrelnomad

I was browsing Rakuten (as you do) and I came across the nib selection page for the Yukari Royale.

Anyone care to explain these nibs in plain English?

Thanks in advance!

27780785790_14160295f5_b.jpg

Too many pens; too little writing.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mongrelnomad

• zaddick

• Mew

• jar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first two letters should help.

They do, for the most part, but then it all goes downhill...

Are these available on the Yukari Royale? I thought they were only available further down the range...

No, these are only for Pilot branded pens.

Yukari only comes in F (western markets only), FM (Japanese market only), M and B nibs.

Here is one translated into English, much easier.

post-127041-0-45624000-1467571690.jpeg

No, these are only for Pilot branded pens.

Yukari only comes in F (western markets only), FM (Japanese market only), M and B nibs.

Here is one translated into English, much easier.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks for that Mew. Thought it was a bit strange as I don't remember seeing any of those nibs when I was looking at Yukari Royales in Itoya...

The Yukari Royale uses a #20 nib so you cannot swap to other specialty nibs. Sometimes people do this if they want an 823 with an FS nib or a WA nib. They buy two pens and make the swap or find a shop like Tokyo Quill that wil mae the change for you. The 823 and othe rpens like the 845 use the #15 pilot nibs.

I suppose you could "make it happen" but it would be surgery vs an Indiana Jones swap of the golden idol (though that also did not work out so great for him).

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

The Yukari Royale uses a #20 nib so you cannot swap to other specialty nibs. Sometimes people do this if they want an 823 with an FS nib or a WA nib. They buy two pens and make the swap or find a shop like Tokyo Quill that wil mae the change for you. The 823 and othe rpens like the 845 use the #15 pilot nibs.

I suppose you could "make it happen" but it would be surgery vs an Indiana Jones swap of the golden idol (though that also did not work out so great for him).

The 823 WA nib can be swapped in an 845 and works like a dream.

The 823 FA nib doesn't work in the 845 as the feeds are a different shape. What you can do is if you have a 743 FA unscrew the section with nib and just swap them over, it will also work with the 742 or 912.

The 823 WA nib can be swapped in an 845 and works like a dream.

The 823 FA nib doesn't work in the 845 as the feeds are a different shape. What you can do is if you have a 743 FA unscrew the section with nib and just swap them over, it will also work with the 742 or 912.

Thanks for the clarification. I now only have one pen with a Pilot FA #15 size so swapping days are over. :)

I suppose my point was more general that it is easier to swap #15 with #15 nibs, but the Yukari Royale is a larger nib.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thanks for that Mew. Thought it was a bit strange as I don't remember seeing any of those nibs when I was looking at Yukari Royales in Itoya...

You're welcome. :)

Yes, I've handled one very briefly and I think it was in FM nib. Namiki lists only 3 nibs (FM, M and B) on it's website for yukari royale. So nobody has it in these nibs. :P

Perhaps the eBay seller didn't properly study the background of the pen before making the listing.