Montblanc 149 Tapei 101

Oliva

Hi everyone,

I was the pen and I Think the nib is amazing. I wanted to,get a little more background on the pen but Google and Montblanc's website are not cooperating.

Anybody knows the story of this pen? Apparently only 101 ever made?

Thanks

post-114307-0-51727800-1453647177_thumb.jpg

post-114307-0-92067000-1453647215_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• da vinci

• Oliva

• Axis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am pretty sure this is a fake because I have got the official pen which is called Axis Mundi 101 and is made of white gold and titan and some diamonds.

Sorry... Where did you get that?

Don't think it's a fake. Just not the solid gold limited edition.

Here is a link to box and label:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Montblanc-Meisterstuck-2015-Special-Edition-Taipei-101-No-149-Fountain-Pen-/141835582036?hash=item21060f3a54

Cheers

Michael

Thanks - did not know that. But now I remember that they also did a special edition for Hamburg last year so maybe this has happened for several cities around the plant without being communicated in all the other locations.

I think this is just one of the limited, local special edition 149s. There is the one for Hamburg as noted, and there was the Teatro Scala, and the "Yes we can." for Obama's inauguration in the US. There are also the Tom Sahcs and other special versions.

I have seen this one before and it looks fine to me, including the packaging.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

if they make fake nibs looking like that one....I give up!

That was my thought! Hahaha!

Beautiful 149 nib. I'm not certain but other 149 special editions I've seen other than the 90th anniversary, like the Obama one, have a standard nib. So a nice touch to have the building on it. Beautiful pen!

This is a special 149 made for the Taipei 101 building and only 101 pieces. Further, it was only sold at the Montblanc boutique in the Taipei 101 building, just like you can only buy the Berlin 149 in Berlin.

The nib imprint is the Taipei 101 building.

I've noticed this problem with copies, if you will. The close up on the clip, that "bump" in the middle of the clip rolls all the way to the body of the cap, the top of the clip is not flat on a real MB. And the angle is not as hard (90 degrees on the fakes), it's a softer sloping angle away from the body.

Wow that is a lovely pen and only 101 made?

Does this pen, and the other 149 limited editions for cities command prices of 3 or 4 times the normal 149?

I doubt it. If memory serves me right, the 149 dedicated to Berlin sold for (almost) the same price as the standard 149. Maybe one of us can offer a more definitive answer.

Edited by meiers

I've noticed this problem with copies, if you will. The close up on the clip, that "bump" in the middle of the clip rolls all the way to the body of the cap, the top of the clip is not flat on a real MB. And the angle is not as hard (90 degrees on the fakes), it's a softer sloping angle away from the body.

But it's not a copy.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I doubt it. If memory serves me right, the 149 dedicated to Berlin sold for (almost) the same price as the standard 149. Maybe one of us can offer a more definitive answer.

Thanks meiers.

The fountain pen was released to celebrate the opening of the Montblanc concept store inside Taipei 101 around June of 2015.

If I remember correctly, the price of the Taipei 101 edition of the 149 is around the same price range as the standard version (maybe higher by 100 bucks or so...).

Edited by Ronderick

I heard about this pen before. It is a joined Taiwan and Mb initiative. 101 limited edition pens were produced, following the tallest building in Taiwan - Taipei 101. It's a genuine Mb. This is a highly sought after pen in the secondary market.

This pen is very real. See some photos together with the blue hours skeleton :)

It is a 149 in rose gold with the Taipei nib. Limited to 101 pieces sold only at the Montblanc boutique in the 101 building.

Very similar to the anniversary rose gold the only difference is the nib but it is very nice indeed.

post-104515-0-65765500-1454550855_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-48534000-1454550863_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-11039900-1454550872_thumb.jpg