Montblanc Golden Yellow Ink

Michael R.

Got one of the first bottles of Montblanc's Golden Yellow Ink from Appelboom.

Here a few images:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qzql-5lWie4/Voz23Cbr5aI/AAAAAAAABbY/trE72NFJt8Q/s1600/P1280651.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mKmHxxzGqH4/Voz26agF6hI/AAAAAAAABbk/ZevyHSFdnzE/s1600/P1280652.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dzTnjF6y2l8/Vo0KZrqUjCI/AAAAAAAABcM/Bwi9sVXAHSY/s1600/orange.jpg

The full review is posted in my blog:

http://pensninks.blogspot.de/2016/01/montblanc-golden-yellow-ink.html

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Bo Bo Olson

• Hospitalier

• amberleadavis

Yes, straight ones are scans and tilted one photographs.

It appears slightly brighter, yellow and more vivid in real life compared to the scans.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

Uh, oh... they're peeving me off again... I asked them in Hamburg and they said "end of January", I asked them in a boutique here and they said "middle of January"... and now this....

I may still buy this ink but IYAM their knowledge about their own inks isn't worth a pinch o' coon'sink.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

My bottle arrived a couple of weeks ago from La Couronne. I'm afraid it's a thumbs down from me. It is much brighter than I anticipated; it's very difficult to read. I'll be moving this one on, or maybe using it for mixing.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I did a slight adjustment of the written scans, trying to show a more accurate color.

Montblanc Golden Yellow resembles mango flesh in terms of color. More towards yellow and more intense and bright compared to the orange of Rhodia notepad.

Cheers

Michael

Nice color for a watercolor, but for writing I'm afraid it's too light.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

My bottle arrived a couple of weeks ago from La Couronne. I'm afraid it's a thumbs down from me. It is much brighter than I anticipated; it's very difficult to read. I'll be moving this one on, or maybe using it for mixing.

I saw it in a CRV today. I love it. It is so bright and cheerful. Send it my way. I can see flower doodles with this and MB Pink.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

My lil' bottle literally arrived within the last few minutes; very nice wrapping by La Couronne Du Comte - I appreciate favourably the attention to detail.

Colour of the ink is a more solid, slightly darker shade than R&K Helianthus.

Thanks for the review. I like the colour -- it looks so bright and cheerful! But my local shop still doesn't have it in. :(

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Wonderful. Just a testament to Montblanc that thy are interested in producing interesting inks and pushing the envelope. Will definately get a bottle.

• 1 year later...

Mine is not bright at all....More the Golden than the Yellow and shades well. I should buy more.

No Name, late '30s-40's gold colored edel stahl semi-flex F nib, gold colored metal....looks like a Pfortzheim clip.

Golden Yellow...top then, Lucky Orange and Davis.http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o707/boboolson1/SAM_0897_zpsmubronup.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Bo Bo yours might be the reissued version. The first version bottles and cartridges were recalled because they suffered from SITB

I thought so when I read :huh: :o :unsure: :yikes: ....when I read this at first I was worried....but my bottle is clean :) ;) .

In both the yellow and the orange are darker than what others claim...I think it could be older bottles...in I'm 1/2 to a year late.

The wife knowing only the difference between mink and ink dropped off at my B&M because she was in the area and asked the clerk to pick an ink. He only had one of each MB left so she got me the yellow, orange and light Davis blue. (I'd already made up my mind not to buy Davis)...so I'll have to get rid of it quick. Good thing it's such a small bottle. :D

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.