Beware! Fake Brown Lamy Safari On Ebay

aj3537

So, I saw this brown textures Lamy Safari on eBay for $20. I thought, WOW. I wanted to buy the Lamy Line brown bear but couldn't afford it. So when I saw this listing, I thought that they had released just a brown safari someplace else in the world and it was the first person posting it on eBay. So I bought one. It took me about 2 minutes to realize this wasn't a Lamy Safari. I did get a refund and I still have the pen, so I decided to warn the world about this seller.

Notice how the nib and view window don't line up and how the view window is obstructed.post-59362-0-75243200-1450029647_thumb.jpeg

Notice how the cardboard ring isn't printed on both sides and the black o ring practically fell off the pen.

post-59362-0-41629600-1450029882_thumb.jpeg

The ring fell off the converter.

post-59362-0-64219700-1450030445_thumb.jpeg

Edited by aj3537

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chainwhip

• aj3537

• luckmelon

• breadedwolf

I fell for the same one around the time you did - I still have it as well. I might actually ink it up and see how it fares.

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

i have a fake black safari that besides the width of the breather hole,its identical to a real one,even quality wise.it makes a lot of sense,its easier to make money that way than trying to replicate a montblanc 144

I believe it is illegal to sell fake products unless its listed as a replica. You can report the item itself I think on the listing.

Sorry to hear about that though. I've gotten both my Lamy off of Amazon but I don't know if that is any better with reducing fakes because they also have third-party sellers.

I have a fake orange Safari and have had it over a year. The trouble is (if indeed it is trouble?) that paradoxically it writes better than my real Safari and is now my daily writer for work.

• 5 weeks later...

don't buy a pen on ebay. end of story.

This advice is just wrong.

There are many reputable Sellers on eBay, someone which are Members here as well, and eBay does have some built in safety programs.

I got a fake brown Safari on eBay, and immediately got my money back (and the Sales shut down).

Sorry to hear about the fake - the matte Brown Safari is really a cool pen... More than any other fake, I particularly detest fake Safari's because they are my choice of intro-to-FP's for people and you know what they say about a bad first impression... I am sure I had a fake charcoal one for my gf who wasn't a Lamy fan till she used my Vista (purchased from Hyatts in Buffalo, so I know it is real). Now I have a dedicated Lamy dealer who is awesome (Frank @ Fontoplumo - no affiliation, but he is awesome!) and I don't even bother looking at Ebay / Amazon listings.