The Matador Thread

christof

...and some say they were made in Switzerland.

Are you talking about these pens?

Yes, indeed, but also about another model made of moulded plastic.

I was afraid there was no connection. Thanks Christof!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kawuska

• Azuniga

• christof

• Parcival

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I see a connection... and in the general form and the Clip too... I also heard about a connection with Switzerland but nothing that concrete.

Matador Garant #998, #996 and #994

Lovely picture of the Matador Garants. I recently saw a Garant 992 on Ebay, but it got away from me--and I'd never seen one before.

-Otter1

Well, I see a connection... and in the general form and the Clip too... I also heard about a connection with Switzerland but nothing that concrete.

Right, both clips are riveted.

I don't have a Matador Click to compare, but When I find the time, I will show a picture of the piston of the Waterman's here (hopefully, it's allowed to show pictures of a Waterman's here...)

C.

Here comes the picture of the Waterman's piston mechanics:

33402559956_4a00d47404_k.jpg

The system works with differential threads and friction of the seal in the barrel. Not the best solution in my eyes...

Now, it would be great if someone could provide a similar picture of a Matador Click.

C.

No sure if it is appropriate to post this, if not, please remove it. I have not connection with the seller.

There is a quite interesting Matador pen right now for sale, new old stock,still with the sticker on. I am not bidding, but these are good pictures:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-vintage-pen-MATADOR-91-BLACK-PEARL-NEW-OLD-STOCK-WITH-BOX-PAPERS-/162428908584?hash=item25d1847428:g:1e4AAOSw4CFYxaTo

I'm a user, baby.

We love what we do not possess. Plato, probably about pens.

Thanks a lot bigben.

Great picture, exactly what I was looking for.

The Matador piston works similar to the system of Pelikan and is quite different designed than the one of Waterman's.

Of course, this says nothing about the question above. Matador did use lots of different mechanisms during the time.

C.

New acquisition: A Matador Standard set and Matador branded leather case. Nice little semi-flex nib too.

Looks like it hardly got any use at all.

fpn_1490207292__matstandset1.jpg

fpn_1490207365__matstandset2.jpg

Hi josera,

Usually (but not always), the last number of the model is the size of the nib, which gives you the rough size of the pen.

Your Matador Express 813 for example, probably has a #2 or #3 sized nib (labeled at the bottom of the nib if you can see it).

Enjoy the pen!

-Otter1

Otter1,

I haven't been able to look at FPN in a little while, just checked in, and saw that wonderful black & pearl set you just picked up -- well done!

Dang man, that pen's celluloid has better color than the pencil; usually it's the other way around! :)

Edited by Don Jr

Hi Don,

Yeah, between the celluloid color and the Matador leather case, I had to grab this one.

The only other Matador I have in this color is a Matador Turbo I got from Christoph.

-Otter1

Hi Christof,

Yeah, it is very usable---nice soft leather, but a bit discolored, which I think just adds character.

Btw, all of these photos of the set are from the seller, not me.

-Otter1

fpn_1491235008__matstandcase.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

French Matador lever filler in GF Night & Day overlay pattern - 12 cm., 18 ct Mor's nib. Inscription on overlay - MATADOR PLAQUE OR 18 ct LAMINE.

fpn_1493141395__matador1.jpgfpn_1493141468__matador3.jpgfpn_1493141444__matador2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Great pen with bonus nib!Shouldn't be that hard to find original.

Thanks. I'm not sure I want a replacement. :)