Sailor Storia Magic Purple (Pigmented Nano-Particle Ink)

lgsoltek

Sailor has recently released a new line of ink, the STORiA inks, which are pigmented nano-particle inks like Sei-boku and Kiwa-guro.

I've review Fire Red, Night Blue, Dancer Pink and Clown Yellow Green.

As the other STORiA inks, Magic Purple dries to a pale colour. I hated it at first, but I'm starting to like it more.

Splash

fpn_1432124512__sailor-magic-purple-spl.

Writing sample

This time I used a Sailor pen, with which the ink is supposed to work best.

It's water resistant, of course.

fpn_1432124817__sailor-magic-purple.jpg

Comparison

All my purple, violet, blurple, bordeaux, magenta, burgundy... compared. It's hard to give an exact definition of these colours.

fpn_1432124990__compare-purple.jpg

Edited by Lgsoltek

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• mmg122

• amberleadavis

• Abner C. Kemp

Thank you for your review! I was eager to read about this ink. So, so I could tolerate bit more powerful color.

Thank you for sharing! I haven't seen many reviews yet on these Storia inks. It is nice to get a closer look!

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

It might be interesting to try two or three parts blue to one part purple.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Apparently Jet Pens began carrying this whole line of "circus based" inks as announced on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the review. I really like the splashes.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, may I ask what kind of nib did you use for this writing sample?? It looks almost like an architect grind.

In terms of the ink, I actually think the shading is quite impressive. As for the color, it is a bit pale for me (sort of reminiscent of a colored pencil) but I can certainly see how it might appeal to some.

Edited by Abner C. Kemp

Wow, may I ask what kind of nib did you use for this writing sample?? It looks almost like an architect grind.

In terms of the ink, I actually think the shading is quite impressive. As for the color, it is a bit pale for me (sort of reminiscent of a colored pencil) but I can certainly see how it might appeal to some.

It's a Sailor 1911 with Naginata Togi nib.

Thanks especially for including your color comparo chart. Much appreciated.