Mb Next We, Poa, Donation Pen

Montblanc owner and lover

just quick info for everybody even if i guess some of you already know it. I've seen an authorized retailer today that has told me some of the next MB's to go:

2015 WE: Tolstoi

2015 POA: Pavarotti

2015 Donation pen: Strauss

and some others but i don't remember all, i remember they'll launch a new pen that will be using the starwalker's nib but with a body with stairs in it (like Cervantes) and they'll launch Heritage ballpen in black resin and steel and most probably an heritage fountain pen in silver will come too.

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sampanel

• Maine Vintner

• ia123

• chrishenline

Awesome news. Thank you for sharing. Any word on timing?

I think April/may-ish for PoA

And August?-ish for WE

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me

I'm really curious about the Tolstoy. Most people I talked to who have seen it say that it's a bit of a let down but I couldn't find a picture of it anywhere.

As for the Strauss, I just have to ask, which Strauss?

I believe the Pavarotti will be released in the US on April 1. Writer's Edition pens are released in August. I was in a MB Boutique yesterday and I asked if they had any advance photos of the Tolstoy but nothing yet. I am also awaiting a new line of 145/146 in blue resin. I believe that will be in June; the MB Boutique Manager has seen it (no photos in the store) and said it is really very nice.

As for the Strauss, I just have to ask, which Strauss?

Same question here. Which Strauss?

If I need to make a guess, I would say it's Johann Strauss Jr. (or at least that's what I hope it is).

I am also awaiting a new line of 145/146 in blue resin. I believe that will be in June; the MB Boutique Manager has seen it (no photos in the store) and said it is really very nice.

Blue 146? Now this is some news. Kinda shocked that they would release the blue JFK and a blue 146 in the same year.

Same question here. Which Strauss?

If I need to make a guess, I would say it's Johann Strauss Jr. (or at least that's what I hope it is).

Well, I'd prefer Strauss the Elder. Anyway Strauss (no matter which one) is a great choice and I'm already unpatient to see what it looks like.

Here are a few pictures of the new editions that I have received from an authorized dealer. The POA is certainly a letdown to a POA collector such as myself. I'll reply a few more times in order to get all the pictures for you all :)

Chris Henline

post-114936-0-04082600-1427479084_thumb.jpg

post-114936-0-02216600-1427479091_thumb.jpg

post-114936-0-22818300-1427479097_thumb.jpg

A few more pictures that I received. What do you guys think?

Chris Henline

Thank you! I like the Tolstoj (the grey, not the gold one).

Thank you! I like the Tolstoj (the grey, not the gold one).

Agreed! And I like the gold if it had the cap from the grey one. The Blue Hour Skeleton is beyond heavenly, but the others I'm not so keen on. Pavarotti has too many different colors going on, in my opinion.

Chris Henline

Love the skeleton, too bad that one is definitely out of my budget, the Tolstoï looks interesting will have to see it in person.

The Tolstoï is sort of odd with the sudden widening of the barrel at the middle, I'll have to see it in person to make an informed decision I suppose. The special edition Andy Warhol looks nice, the blue hourglass is stunning but unless I won the lottery I don't think I'll be buying it

Thanks for the images! The Blue Skeleton looks amazing (but out of my price range) and the Tolstoy looks interesting (the gray version), but I will want to see it in the hand before committing to it!

Thank you for sharing the pix! The Tolstoy looks more like a POA to my eye; not a fan, based on the pictures.

I saw and held the Pavarotti last night; as I posted last night, it is to my eye the most beautiful POA in years. The color combination works very well and the clip is wonderful. Good weight and size; a true writer, if you're so inclined.

John

I feel like the pictures do not do justice to the pieces in real life. We'll have to wait and see. I used to live about 10 minutes from the Madison Avenue store and was always abreast of the new models, but I now live 3 hours from another boutique. Sigh...wouldn't it be a shame if my next move was purely based on the closest MB boutique? HA! Any thoughts on Warhol?

Chris Henline

Blue 146? Now this is some news. Kinda shocked that they would release the blue JFK and a blue 146 in the same year.

Blue 146 is interesting if its true, hope it comes in silver trim

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

I feel like the pictures do not do justice to the pieces in real life. We'll have to wait and see. I used to live about 10 minutes from the Madison Avenue store and was always abreast of the new models, but I now live 3 hours from another boutique. Sigh...wouldn't it be a shame if my next move was purely based on the closest MB boutique? HA! Any thoughts on Warhol?

Chris Henline

You could do worse than to move near a MB Boutique :-) I did not see the Warhol in person but I think the style/proportion of the pen is very interesting (i.e., the relatively oversize cap).

John