Any Info On These French Fountain Pens?

steven r

hello all, i recently purchased these pens on a whim and know nothing about their age or origin, I believe they are French by the writing but cannot find anything else on the web, they are both marked MAURAM, one has Marquee Deposee which i think means reg trademark and the other Made in France. one nib is marked "warranted INOX iridius 95" and the other "warranted iridium pointed 1st qaulity" (not very French!!) they are button fillers, any help appreciated.

I also have another pen with nothing on it at all other than Ro Setta on the hooded nib, does this ring any bells with anyone?, i can post a photo if required, thank you

post-111737-0-95432900-1426930399_thumb.jpg

post-111737-0-01005700-1426930403_thumb.jpg

post-111737-0-17441200-1426930960_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven r

• Azuniga

• Xof72000

• Axel63

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, never heard of that brand... and no words on it also on the french FP forum...

Edited by Xof72000

Sorry, nether heard of that brand... and no words on it also on the french FP forum...

Hi and thank you for your time and effort, someone must know ???

• 4 weeks later...

I have a large collection of French pens, never heard of this one. Although the information in the nibs do not sound so French, I have seen those nibs in other French pens even when they were replacement nibs . Ro setta reminds me of the offset printing identification but never have seen that either.

Nevertheless at the link below, Mauram appears listed

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281024-pen-brands-worldwide-by-country/

Information will emerge with some patience, if I fin something I will let you know...

Good luck

Edited by Azuniga

I have a large collection of French pens, never heard of this one. Although the information in the nibs do not sound so French, I have seen those nibs in other French pens even when they were replacement nibs . Ro setta reminds me of the offset printing identification but never have seen that either.

Nevertheless at the link below, Mauram appears listed

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281024-pen-brands-worldwide-by-country/

Information will emerge with some patience, if I fin something I will let you know...

Good luck

Thank you Azuniga, at least Mauram has been heard of before, i have found a link to a ebay seller who sold one last year , 05/14 , the inox nib is the same as mine, i have sent a message to him and hopefully he can enlighten me more, thank you for taking time to help.

• 2 weeks later...

MAURAM was a small company for office supplies in Vaux-les-Saint Claude, France, founded in 1929 by Maurice and Armand Benoit.

Many of their products (including pens) had been made from GALALITH, a plastic-like material, used especially for buttons.

see this link: http://www.actuacity.com/vaux-les-saint-claude_39360/monuments/

So these are really beautiful vintage pens.

Edited by Axel63

MAURAM was a small company for office supplies in Vaux-les-Saint Claude, France, founded in 1929 by Maurice and Armand Benoit.

Many of their products (including pens) had been made from GALALITH, a plastic-like material, used especially for buttons.

see this link: http://www.actuacity.com/vaux-les-saint-claude_39360/monuments/

So these are really beautiful vintage pens.

Axel63, you are a star!! thank you for the info and the link, it makes interesting reading and takes you onto other topics like GALALITH, again, thank you