Lamy 2000 Anniversary?

Calabria

yuk, I hope not red

My thoughts precisely. That red has one thousand NOPE!!!s written all over it. If it's going to be any bright flashy uncharacteristic and unsuiting colour I'm staying well away.

Edited by Bluey

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Calabria

• Cryptos

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say it isn't so. Red would be awesome. Shiny or matte, and a black nib to boot

I hope so! And, if possible, slightly cheaper than the "previous" red: :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

YES! With a red barrel, black section, black clip and black nib. It could have a piano finish or matte finish. Either way would be awesome

Micarta is not that expensive to make. :D

Micarta would also be a great idea

How about all glass with gold pinstripes?

My first reaction to your suggestion was "I don't want a shattered to a thousand pieces pen body".

Then I remembered there are hundreds of glass formulations that are extremely shatter resistant, heat resistant and scratch resistant.

Totally doable :D

I still think transparent aluminum would be better.

I'd vote for transparent aluminum! I just think that transparent would elevate a 50 year old design rooted in function over form.

I wonder if anybody at Lamy in Heidelberg is reading this and rotfl

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

The 3D printed rip off that popped up on Taobao was kind of cool. I don't know if it's fancy enough for them to make it their 50th anniversary model, but it would be nice to see a demonstrator Lamy 2000 at some point.

Red is wrong IMHO.

Micarta? Not sure, can't hear enough about the TWSBI Micarta... but for the 2000. Please weigh in if you own a TWSBI Micarta.

Ultimately, how does one improve on the iconic Lamy? I hope it doesn't end up similar to what Rolex did with their Explorer.

My guess is that it will be makrolon just as always, but in a new color. My guess is since it is their 50th anniversary that it will be gold since that is the traditional gift for 50th anniversary for marriage. But it's all speculation. Personally, no matter what color it is, I'll be buying it. I already have my pen account getting filled with space credits.

I think they ought to make it in a Makrolon color of burgundy (not red). Perhaps borrowed from a vintage model 27. That would make it differentiated from other typical LAMY pen colors, while not being ostentatious.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

But entering Eurovision contest. ;)

:)

By invitation of course, and when it comes to joining, there seems to be room opening up ;)

X