Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Ah, I understand.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have fun Algester.

Need some info on Maruzen inks. I asked Atsu about there:

Renga, hatobanezu, eternal blue, Nihombashi River blue

He said that these were limited editions.

I thought only Jade, Kirin and Akane were limited editions.

guys so to be clear with BB inks

here's what Kaoru posted about the inks

当店のオリジナルインクの中で特に人気の8種類のインクにつきましては、8月下旬よりパッケージも新たに生まれ変わります。また、皆様にご利用い ただきやすいよう、工夫も凝らしております。

Only 8 popular inks will be in a renewed packaged starting on August

【リニューアルオリジナルボトルインク 8種】

初恋・The ink of witch・ダンディズム・4B・ノルウェーの森・道化師の涙・ピアノマホガニー・FUJIYAMA BLUE

and these are the 8 inks in the "renewal" packaged

Hatsukoi, Ink of witch, Dandy-ism, 4B, Norway forest, Clown's Tear, Piano Mahogany, Fujiyama Blue

http://bung-box.com/products/list84.html

and this is the official list affected by the price increase IN SHORT IF YOUR LOOKING FOR THE TALL BOTTLES ARE ANY NOT of these 8 INKS ARE COVERED will be subjected to the default price and thats 2000 yen I have yet to inform pen economics for this news if he's not informed

Edited by Algester

Have fun Algester.

Need some info on Maruzen inks. I asked Atsu about there:

Renga, hatobanezu, eternal blue, Nihombashi River blue

He said that these were limited editions.

I thought only Jade, Kirin and Akane were limited editions.

The River Blue was also a limited edition, I believe. I didn't think the others were, but I could be wrong about that!

Thank you Saskia and Swanjun. :)

I don't care much about River Blue, but eternal blue is nice. :)

My enabler bought me shousaikan inks. :3

I'll ask him to get Maruzen too.

I have a good news and a bad news.

Good news is that I bought 2 bottles each of brown algae and school brown and 1 bottle each of twilight blue and Hakodate curry From Ishida bungu. Nice to have a credit card that can be used internationally.

Bad news is, they are all sold out now and I wanted to add another bottle of Twilight blue. They kept my order aside and were waiting for payment. :)

That is so sad. I put in an order for a bunch, but they only had the dark brown and shibisumi one left. I passed. What I really want is more Twilight and algae. SIGH!

I love those new Taiwanese ones. So pretty! I'm sad they are nearly sold out.

Oh, so you ordered from them directly? Nice. That saves some cash.

I asked for some mount Hakodate and another bottles of twilight blue, but they were sold out. Already bought 2 bottles of algae though. :)

I was in touch with them for a while so they informed me when they restocked. :)

That is so sad. I put in an order for a bunch, but they only had the dark brown and shibisumi one left. I passed. What I really want is more Twilight and algae. SIGH!

I love those new Taiwanese ones. So pretty! I'm sad they are nearly sold out.

Btw, from your review of Twilight blue, I think you already have them. So you run through your ink bottles so quickly or general hoarding?

I know I'm not supposed to go back here until next year but recommend me a Sailor red that is close to rouge hematite that's not from from any of the shop lines... meaning I need it available in 17 inks thats readily available (shikisai, Storia and 3 standard inks)

if it needs to be blended I will try... clearly we dont have access to the red stuff to readily make Maruzen Akane

Btw, from your review of Twilight blue, I think you already have them. So you run through your ink bottles so quickly or general hoarding?

I actually looked for my one extra bottle today, since i'm getting low in the bottle I'm currently using, and I couldn't find it. I don't know it's it's lost of it I already used it up. I can't remember! Twilight was the only one i had a back-up bottle of, so i'm running low on the other few I have. I'd like replacements.

The ones I have a lot of are Yama-dori, which doesn't matter now since it's readily available again, and Kin-mokusei. And I use those ones ALL the time. Other than those two, I don't have more than 1 extra of any Sailor ink.

As for red inks, Sailor doesn't make many true red. Irore is no longer available (No, I don't have a back up bottle), and other than that, there is only Osu red from SankoDo. those are bright reds. Maruzen Akane is no longer available either, but it's more RHish than the other two. There is also Pen + Message red called ... Syu-ruushi (or something like that) which is probably the closest you'll get, but I wouldn't call it close.

Ah, I see. I'll let you know whenever they restock since they said that they will mail me when it's back in stock. Do you place the order directly with the shop or ask WRE to place it for you?

I use Fine nibs only and use blue quite less, so it may take me a while to finish a bottle of twilight blue.

I like Yama-dori, but kin-mokusei is something that I'd rather not use. I don't like orange

I have both osu red and syuurushi on order with backup bottles. :)

So no worries there. I have Rouge Hematite so I won't miss Akane that much. Just need some phenol to make it more Akane-ish. :)

I like Reds a lot. I had a bottle of Irori back in 2010 but that's all used up and I never bought a replacement bottle. Some family member who went to Japan got it for me.

As for red inks, Sailor doesn't make many true red. Irore is no longer available (No, I don't have a back up bottle), and other than that, there is only Osu red from SankoDo. those are bright reds. Maruzen Akane is no longer available either, but it's more RHish than the other two. There is also Pen + Message red called ... Syu-ruushi (or something like that) which is probably the closest you'll get, but I wouldn't call it close.

Shu-Urushi might make a decent replacement for MB Alfred Hitchcock, though. I haven't compared them side by side yet, but I think there's potential.

There are a couple of reds in the Kobe line—#s 4 and 20, if I'm not mistaken—but they're not much like Rouge Hematite, either.

Shu-Urushi might make a decent replacement for MB Alfred Hitchcock, though. I haven't compared them side by side yet, but I think there's potential.

There are a couple of reds in the Kobe line—#s 4 and 20, if I'm not mistaken—but they're not much like Rouge Hematite, either.

We have now discovered that Diamine Burgundy Rose is a dead ringer for Hitchcock.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

We have now discovered that Diamine Burgundy Rose is a dead ringer for Hitchcock.

Interesting! I have Burgundy Rose but haven't tried it yet.