Anyone Used Or Have A Laban

Albinoni

Just a quick question here, but Laban is one pen company we dont really here much of here or talked about. I know they are also a Taiwanese pen company just like what TWSBI is.

But has anyone here ever owned or used a Laban and how do you find them and what is your view on them.

Also do they use German nibs or they make their own.

Thanks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georgeb

• Moshe ben David

• Jackson

• Whiterose64

When I was at the Chicago pen show I saw a couple Laban pens, so look for them at pen shows. I think they make their own nibs, but I'm not completely sure on that.

I have a Laban Mentos. Love it. Fits my (big) hand nicely, and writes ever so smoothly.

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

I have a Laban Kaiser, with some spare nibs. While labeled Laban, they look very much like, and write very much like, Bock nibs. It is very likely that they are Bock, personalized for Laban.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

I have a Laban Scepter and the nib is marked Laban Iridium and is a 2 toned number 6.

This pen feels solid. I enjoy it but it is a little too large for EDC since I do not carry a briefcase of other m\bag.

I got my terrific Laban Rainbow Pearl from Todd at isellpens.com for a great price. Medium nib is very smooth with a wee hint of feedback and entirely consistent flow/reliability. Nicely machined and balanced too.

I got my terrific Laban Rainbow Pearl from Todd at isellpens.com for a great price. Medium nib is very smooth with a wee hint of feedback and entirely consistent flow/reliability. Nicely machined and balanced too.

Which color did you get?

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to pen shows several of the retailers carry Laban including Fountain Pen Hospital ( http://www.fountainpenhospital.com ), and Fahrney's ( http://www.fahrneyspens.com/ ). I've not used this brand myself though.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

I have a Laban Mento with a two tone nib that reads Laban iridium.

I love the pen and the nib writes butter smooth. I am partial to cigar shaped pens which is why I got the Mento. I have an Edison Collier and I'd put it on a par with it.

Post this in the correct forum- there is a forum for Chinese pens.

Edited by Wolverine1

Post this in the correct forum- there is a forum for Chinese pens.

Indeed there is a Chinese subforum, so I moved the topic.

If there is a real good reason to post in a different subforum, that is of course possible, but it would be nice if the OP explains why in such cases, otherwise you run the risk to have the topic moved without notification.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I've got a Laban PF-900. It's a great writer, and it feels like a solid pen. The problem with it is that the grip section keeps getting corroded on me. Maybe my fingers are extra acidic, but my first section got all bumpy (and a little green) and my second (which they sent to me loose in a regular paper envelope) has the same issue. Aside from that cosmetic issue, it's great.

My Blog: Inkdependence!

• 1 month later...

Just received a Laban labelled pen from my wife - silver and black - states it is sterling silver with a rhodium plating. Nib marked Laban, Iridium, Germany. Came from and marked with the name of the British Museum.

I have a mini. Tiny little thing. The nib is Iridium Point Germany. It is smooth and fairly wet. Writes well

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Very seriously underrated pen. I have a Laban Mento Blue Tornado and it's truly massive (only a shade smaller than the Edison Collier), but still manages good balance when writing. It looks beautiful (if you like that deep and lustrous celluloid/acrylic type thing) and it writes like a dream.

I have two minis I picked up in a bookstore/office supply store in Aruba, of all places. Not too expensive. Very nice writers. One is stored in a drawer, the second is out and sometimes used, and the trim is starting to corrode. The nib has Laban Iridium on it. That store no longer has them, though.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 1 month later...