Delta Fusion On Its Way- What To Expect?

plohmann

I have a new Delta pen equipped with a Fusion nib in its way. I know about the marketing angle, and frankly it sounds unfounded. And the nib looks interesting, but why the gratuitous gold fused to the steel? I am primarily interested in your experience with these nibs, because at the end of the day the quality of the writing experience is what counts. A well-known FP vendor stated most people couldn't tell the difference between a gold and a steel nib. So I'm just curious about the writing experience.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmenyc

• pmhudepo

• MCWB

• plohmann

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the stub and it's wonderful. Absolute nail of a nib, but very smooth with excellent line variation. No complaints here, I bought it to write with, not for the marketing BS. :)

post-61629-0-64048400-1404278225_thumb.jpg

I concur with MCWB.

fpn_1404638186__delta-fusion-82-stub.jpg

Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Bordeaux

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

I have a Delta Fusion 82, with what I believe is either a very full medium or a narrowish broad nib, in front of me...but lacking the overlay. It's at home. The pen is amazing, an incredibly smooth writer, and I'm a lefty overwriter. And yes, I'm saying nice things about a modern pen. Happens. I've found a way to live with the anomaly.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

I agree with everyone else - the pen writes very well, and I don't think it has anything to do with the gold overlay. The nib is certainly stiffer than most of the gold nibs I've used. If you want a smooth writing experience and have a light hand, though, I'm sure you'll like the Delta.

I have one in matte black with a medium nib ... as stated above it's an incredibly smooth writer ... however; the gold overlay is not 'fused' to the steel part of the nib ... it's just glued to it.

I cleaned my section in an ultrasonic cleaner a few weeks ago and guiess what .... the gold overlay came off altogether and I could see/feel it had been glued to the nib.

I contacted Delta and it would cost me some €50 + shipping to Italy to have it repaired.

Did some soulsearching and decided to glue it back on myself with superglue .... worked fine and no difference in flow/writing whatsoever ....