Recommendation Refill For Mont Blanc Fountain Pen

lejean

Hello to all Mont Blanc pen owners,

I am currently using the Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 4810 14k 585 fountain pen model.

I would like you guys to recommend me which ink is suitable to use it on my mont blanc pen since it ran out of ink recently.

And I would like to know how much is the price for the brand new pen that I currently possess.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you.

A new Mont Blanc pen user.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lejean

• jar

• chunya

• HermetiC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. "Meisterstuck 4810 14k 585" is not really a model and would be true of many different models. A picture might give us a clue about which model you have.

Hi

Bottled Ink or Cartridge Ink

Montblanc's own ink is well suited to their pens as is Pelikan, Diamine, Parker, Waterman, Sheaffers and many others.

Paul

"Meisterstuck 4810 14k 585" is not really a model and would be true of many different models. A picture might give us a clue about which model you have.

+1

" Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 4810 14k 585" Let's break this down a little for you. Mont Blanc is the brand, Meisterstuck + "master work" and refers to the flagship line. 4810, IIRC, is the height of the peak of Mont Blanc, the mountain for which the brand is named. 14K and 585 are the same thing, letting you know the gold content of the nib (14kt tends to flex a little more and usually means the pen is a little older). The size of the pen will tell you if it is a 149, 146, 144, etc (descending sizes). A photo would be best, but a detailed description is helpful. Also, read the cap band and see if there is a number there. Can't recall if they did that with the Meisterstucks or not.

Pretty much any ink you want will work as long is it is for FOUNTAIN PENS ONLY. No India ink or calligraphy ink or drawing ink. Might destroy the working parts and can stain the pen. There are some inks more prone to staining. ID the pen, then saunter over to the ink forums and look around and see what appeals, read some reviews. Once you id the pen you can try to find out the value. Reselling the pen is usually half the value new unless scarce, but MBs go a little more. Goulet Pens online has an excellent ink sample program where you can buy small amounts of inks you are interested in.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

" Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 4810 14k 585" Let's break this down a little for you. Mont Blanc is the brand, Meisterstuck + "master work" and refers to the flagship line. 4810, IIRC, is the height of the peak of Mont Blanc, the mountain for which the brand is named. 14K and 585 are the same thing, letting you know the gold content of the nib (14kt tends to flex a little more and usually means the pen is a little older). The size of the pen will tell you if it is a 149, 146, 144, etc (descending sizes). A photo would be best, but a detailed description is helpful. Also, read the cap band and see if there is a number there. Can't recall if they did that with the Meisterstucks or not.

Pretty much any ink you want will work as long is it is for FOUNTAIN PENS ONLY. No India ink or calligraphy ink or drawing ink. Might destroy the working parts and can stain the pen. There are some inks more prone to staining. ID the pen, then saunter over to the ink forums and look around and see what appeals, read some reviews. Once you id the pen you can try to find out the value. Reselling the pen is usually half the value new unless scarce, but MBs go a little more. Goulet Pens online has an excellent ink sample program where you can buy small amounts of inks you are interested in.

I see. I had uploaded 2 photos of my pen. I think mine is the 146. Ya there's a serial number starting with the alphabet KZ.

About the ink, which ink you prefer the most?

Yes 146. Your pen can use any normal ink for fountain pens, the brand and the colour you want. I use normally Montblanc, Iroshizuku and Diamine, but there are another brands.

Yes 146. Your pen can use any normal ink for fountain pens, the brand and the colour you want. I use normally Montblanc, Iroshizuku and Diamine, but there are another brands.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

One more thing I would like to ask is there any specific name for this pen? And also do you or anyone uses the Mont Blanc pen pouch. If not how do you all carry it around

One more thing I would like to ask is there any specific name for this pen? And also do you or anyone uses the Mont Blanc pen pouch. If not how do you all carry it around

It's also called LeGrand, I got a notebook leather holder from Montblanc that has a pen slot as well :)

146 will do. At one time it was also called "Legrand". I have never used a pouch with any of my pens but many do; mine just sit in my shirt or inner jacket pocket. I have used Sheaffer, Parker, Waterman, OMAS, Aurora, Montegrappa, Diamine, J. Herbin, Private Reserve, Pilot, R&K, Akkerman, Conway Stewart, Carters even Noodler's ink in my MBs..

I use the Montblanc Siena 3 pen case and it works very well and looks great.

http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/flash/default.aspx/#/collections/leather/male/meisterstck/writing-instrument-pouches/3-pen-pouch-14313

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

MB Pouches can be quite expensive, but I did manage to pick up a couple of second hand, authentic ones very cheaply.

I was wondering how did you guys polish your pen to keep it shiny. Mine is a bit dull now.

Thank you all for your time. I really appreciate it.

I was wondering how did you guys polish your pen to keep it shiny. Mine is a bit dull now.

Thank you all for your time. I really appreciate it.

I haven't.

I just bought a Parker Quink Black ink to refill my pen. I followed the instructions on youtube on how to refill it but after refilling, the ink just doesn't seemed to appear in the piston. When I use it and write it on a piece of paper, the ink is just too so called dilute. Please let me know if you guys have the solution for me. I need help asap!

I just bought a Parker Quink Black ink to refill my pen. I followed the instructions on youtube on how to refill it but after refilling, the ink just doesn't seemed to appear in the piston. When I use it and write it on a piece of paper, the ink is just too so called dilute. Please let me know if you guys have the solution for me. I need help asap!

Is this the video?

Is this the video?

yup. It isn't the same as the instruction of the video. Is it possible that some part in my pen is broken?

If the piston is broken then you should be able to completely unscrew the top, and see the damage.If it needs a new piston then MB will replace it with their basic service charge of £60 ($90 ?)