Need Help Finding Out About This Silver Sailor Egyptian Pen

mandyparry

Hi i hope someone can help, i purchased this lovely silver pen from an Auction, it is stamped Sailor and also stamped silver, i have no idea what age it is or how many were made or its value, this appears to be a ballpoint or roller ball i think but its missing its refill could anyone tell me what size refill i should look for

Thanks in advance

Mandy

post-110041-0-21022500-1390145236_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-93109700-1390145268_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-81264200-1390145305_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mandyparry

• Dillo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Try a Sheaffer ballpoint refill. In my experience, most Sailor pens came with Sheaffer refills. They had some partnership back when.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi Dillon Thanks for your helpful advice, i have progressed a little regarding this lovely pen, i contacted the Sailor European office to see if they could help regarding the pen, they passed the photos of the pen to the Tokyo office for further research, they have now contacted me to say the pen is known as an Egyptian pen and was made about 35 years ago, the European office have are helping with a refill, Tokyo gave them a refill size but could not be sure if it would fit, so the European office have kindly sent me the refill with their compliments and if it doesnt fit they will continue sending me a different size until we get the right one, well i have received the first refill which fitted nicely but was not long enough, so they are now sending out a longer one so we are keeping our fingers crossed, I am totally honoured that the Sailor company are doing so much to help and all with no cost to me, what a wonderful are Company they are

Mandy