Your View On The Vintage Blue M200's

Albinoni

My fingers have been very itchy lately and might even get myself a vintage blue colour Pelikan M200 FP off Ebay. I have already won and bought the green marble one last week or early this week but been looking into getting a blue marble one.

So what's your view on the blue marble ones.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daenghafez

• Albinoni

• sargetalon

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

They are beautiful. I like the newer style with the gold ring at the piston knob.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

The Marbled blue is beautiful, can't go wrong with one of those!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Yep that's the one, the second rectangular photo where it shows two blue ones.

Gorgeous

This is a timely thread because I've been looking to pick up one of these to add a bit of a different color to my collection and came across this one on the bay. Just picked it up this evening.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/M200_Blue1_zps9a96f6c4.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Thanks for showing us your nice pens fellas. Especially, your insane 200 line up konis.

How about this blue and its pair? You must be overwhelmed with choices.. :)

But LOL Daeng... you're sick mate. I've seen those dangly thingy, but to have the matching BP is another level of insanity! Oh and belated minal aidin wal-faizin ...

Tony

PPS: I've got a "metal galeria-kaufhof special" coming my way *ahem* I will probably revive one of your thread later..

Pie pellicane Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo Sanguine – St Thomas Aquinas

"ON THE PLEASURE OF TAKING UP ONE'S PEN", Hilaire Belloc

Thanks for showing us your nice pens fellas. Especially, your insane 200 line up konis.

But LOL Daeng... you're sick mate. I've seen those dangly thingy, but to have the matching BP is another level of insanity! Oh and belated minal aidin wal-faizin ...

Tony

PPS: I've got a "metal galeria-kaufhof special" coming my way *ahem* I will probably revive one of your thread later..

Thanks Tony, same goes to you Tony since we are sill in the month of Syawal.. minal aidil wal faizin.. :)

To be honest, it's nice to have that dangling thingy in the collection but in practical, it doesnt support well in your pocket apart that it may even scratch the resin.

Ah.. can't wait to see your latest acquisition. Do show to us.. :D

Here's my set of M200 marbled pens (I've since added an old style green-marbled M200):

http://bettygrastymd.com/jgrasty/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0430.jpg

http://bettygrastymd.com/jgrasty/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0429.jpg

Edited by jgrasty

• 3 years later...

I just ordered a new M205 Blue Marbled but curiosity led me to this thread on the older, discontinued M200 Blue Marbled fountain pens. These are beautiful, thank you for sharing all of these images.

Konus...to bad you didn't use the little green box to put in your pictures....none showed up on your Polish photo site.

Thanks....pretty pens.

I have too many pens out in cups.....to many Pelikans....In I am sure I have some sort of 150/200 with bluish or gray..... :headsmack:****

I do, a marbled gray, W. Germany OM :headsmack: :doh: , in the 200's and that eras 'true' regular flex that was found on the 400 also.

Obliques in nail, semi-nail or 'true' regular flex are not worth buying, there is next to no line variation. :crybaby: The '50-65 semi-flex and maxi-semi-flex obliques are the only way to fly. :notworthy1:

I had hoped...in it was one of the fabled more springy than most, W. Germany true regular flex nibs, there would be line variation. :(

**** How could I forget I had that W. Germany 200? It was the second Pelikan along with a 150 I got in the last six weeks. Six weeks to two months before I got the Amethyst, and two weeks ago a '50's 400 OB w/355 BP.

Last year I got 5 or 6......vintage and or semi-vintage Pelikans. It looks like I can safely say I have a small collection of Pelikans. Before all I could say was I had a handful. :happyberet:

Well, had it been blue instead of gray, could be I'd remembered...it had color. I must have looked at four or five black pens....two Pelikans before finding it.

The disappointment the W. Germany nib not being able to break the jinks of regular flex in Oblique colored my perception, making me a bit forgetful of that pen. Great Expectations.....let down.

.(anything to get out of writing)

Hummmm.... :o The Amethyst M appears wider****...or the W.Germany OM thinner. I'll throw that 150 in with the 200's. My 215 is also modern and M. I have enough '200's' to make a 200's nib test. :unsure: something I never in my life could have envisioned :o ; being a 400 Snob. :bunny01: .

Well, before I came to like the regular flex nib, as a more universal nib for shading inks than the wetter semi-flex; which needs more care with choice of ink and paper to shade to it's best.

Got to dig out some good paper.....empty the pens and do Pelikan 4001 ink only. *****That dark green by Faber-Castel could be a wetter ink....so the 'wider' of the Amethyst could be ink only. And I was scribbling on the back of 80g copy paper, first the back is a different paper on all papers.....second, for testing one needs at least 90g or better....a small assortment of at least three papers. ;)

Need to have some other Pelikan 'true' regular flex nibs as a control. :wallbash:

No, I have too much good ink in all of those pens.....just one....a steel nibbed Celebry... :wacko: an F nib :gaah: ......my '90's 400 is a M. I have a '50's OM...to wet being semi-flex.. (In it's inked it will be invited for a light scribble)

I've been stating for a long time semi-vintage and vintage Pelikan nibs are @ the same size as the 200's. It's a good chance to see how true that is.

Somewhere Richard has a chart.....even if I can't size it 100, it will work to see how much difference there is in my small selection of 150/200/215 nibs.

I might cheat with the ink. Two of the 5 pens are loaded with ESSR, and ESSR is at least as dry as 4001...........(I hate BB so much, I only have 8 of them.)

:rolleyes: More than likely next year for that test.....my next year already. Best of course was back at the dawn of time, when I said next century. :)

I have just penciled in with my Pelikan 450 MP....start test before the end of this century.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.