Need Help For The Polish Of One Montblanc Fountain Pen, Gold Plated Silver~

livetoworship

I have one set of Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 925 Solitaire Sterling Silver fountain pen & pencil, both the pen body are 14k gold plated sterling silver, but the body has very obvious oxidation on it, please see the photos, anybody can give me some suggestions on how to remove those annoying residues?

Thanks~~

post-101514-0-27688700-1363498121.jpg

post-101514-0-10242200-1363498137.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShallowJam

• livetoworship

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one set of Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 925 Solitaire Sterling Silver fountain pen & pencil, both the pen body are 14k gold plated sterling silver, but the body has very obvious oxidation on it, please see the photos, anybody can give me some suggestions on how to remove those annoying residues?

Thanks~~

But would the polishing cloth destroy the plated gold on the surface? I heard that it's not good to use a polishing cloth on a gold plated surface. And if the polishing cloth would do, where can I get one (i am sorry, I am new to the fountain pen collection, know little about this area). Thanks~!

no, it would not destroy the plating. cheap pens might have thin plating and you would need to be careful, but a MB will surely have adequate plating. Jeweller's cloths are not as abrasive as a polishing compound either, so there will be no danger to the pen. I have restored many pens and use more aggressive methods with no problems. "sunshine cloths" can be bought from richard binder's website, and I'm sure other places as well.

VINTAGE PENS FOR SALE! Various brands all restored and ready to go! Check out the pics and let me know if you have any questions.