Favourite Diamine Ink Colour?

PenCityAus

Good Morning Pen Enthusiasts,

This morning we are asking you... 'what is your favourite Diamine fountain pen ink colour?'

The two most popular colours we sell are Pumpkin and Sapphire blue.

We would love to hear from the rest of you!

Also, has anyone had any issues with the ink good or bad we love to hear feedback !

Happy Thursday everyone :)

Pen City Australia

Don't forget to like our Facebook page to win!

post-100895-0-90547400-1362610855.jpg

Edited by PenCityAus

Pen City The Pen Professionals

215 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, 03 9670 6775

info@pencity.com.au, www.pencity.com.au

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scribble Monboddo

• The Good Captain

• warblerick

• PenCityAus

Having just bought another load (Oxblood, Teal, Sunshine Yellow and China Blue), my choices are getting tougher. I definitely love their Prussian Blue, which gives a deep colour and seems to work superbly in all my pens, but the Emerald is good, and I tend to use their Grey a lot. Saddle Brown and Kelly Green have been thrown at a lot of paper, too. Still, for the present, I'm happy to be using Oxblood in my Drake Conway Stewart, and China Blue in a second - but as soon as possible I will be trying out Teal. Looks like that'll be just lovely for a little variety.

Ooh, either Majestic Blue or Sargasso Sea...but then I do quite like Chocolate Brown too...

Tony.

This is difficult as the list would be way too long! However, if I had to name one and only one, it's got to be Presidential Blue.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

The one Diamine color I don't ever want to give up, and isn't truly duplicated by other ink lines, is Red Dragon. I also note that it isn't on your chart.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Having just bought another load (Oxblood, Teal, Sunshine Yellow and China Blue), my choices are getting tougher. I definitely love their Prussian Blue, which gives a deep colour and seems to work superbly in all my pens, but the Emerald is good, and I tend to use their Grey a lot. Saddle Brown and Kelly Green have been thrown at a lot of paper, too. Still, for the present, I'm happy to be using Oxblood in my Drake Conway Stewart, and China Blue in a second - but as soon as possible I will be trying out Teal. Looks like that'll be just lovely for a little variety.

We recently got oxblood in and we have heard lots of good things about it! Emerald is my personal favourite :) Thank you for your input :)

The one Diamine color I don't ever want to give up, and isn't truly duplicated by other ink lines, is Red Dragon. I also note that it isn't on your chart.

Our Australian representative is fairly new at brining Diamine inks into Australia and he isn't stocking the full range as yet. Disappointing on his behalf because it's one of our bestseller inks, and we have people always coming in and asking for the colours we don't have!

Thanks for your input :)

Pen City The Pen Professionals

215 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, 03 9670 6775

info@pencity.com.au, www.pencity.com.au

Definitely Bilberry. But its followed closely by Marine, Asa Blue and Ochre

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Mine has to be Kelly Green. It's a young, happy color that reminds me of early summer. I loaded my Kelly Green into an apple green (2012) Lamy Safari, and I love the combination so much that it's currently my note-taking pen at work. :wub:

[Edited for a typo.]

Edited by maryannemoll

I would have to say my favorite is Denim -- a wonderful subtle color. Followed very close behind by Sargasso Sea which has amazing sheen, but loses out to Denim because it is often a hard starter.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Diamine are my favorite inks and it will hard to pick one only. Here are some of the top contenders:

Sepia ... in the brown department, both with flex and firm nibs

Aqua Blue ... in the blue department, both with flex and firm nibs

Light Green ... in the green department and with flex nibs

Meadow ... in the green department and with firm nibs

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

I am really enjoying graphite as an everyday note-taking ink. Lovely shading and a subtle mysterious green cast. a page of densely written notes is readable with great contrast. Matador is a great red and I use it for mark-up and line editing regularly.

+1 on Graphite: buff/off-white paper really brings out the green cast and gives it a kind of vintage look, very attractive

While I haven't tried a whole lot of Diamine's inks, I have several and have such a hard time picking a favorite. I really love Oxblood, but I Ancient Copper is also a lovely ink and I always enjoy seeing how it shades :)

1959 Pelikan 400NN Flexible "F" | Pilot VP Matte Black, Binderized "EF" | TWSBI 580 with 0.6mm Pendleton Point Butter Line Stub | Waterman 0952 1/2v | Lamy Safari Charcoal "EF" and 1.1mm | Noodler's Konrad Fleur de Lis Blue Tortoise | Pilot Parallel 3.8mm

Syrah and Evergreen tie for favorite, then Marine, Denim, and Twilight.

Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

Diamine 'Graphite' has been my everyday ink for years; my M805 caries it permenantly, and it has never disappointed.

I particularly like the way it sits well on any tone of white, off-white or cream paper. A very sophisticated cool (almost greenish) grey that is clearly noy black. Far more friendly in appearance than black or blue-black (IMO) but formal enough for any business use and signatures.

This ink is the cool counterpart to Herbin's warm Cacao du Bresil - another fave of mine.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

I also like Diamine Graphite. It's my second favorite Diamine ink. It's what I sign my checks with. Less harsh than black, less conservative than blue-black.

But I still like Kelly Green the best. :P