Twsbi Notebook

mAnuscript69

A few days ago, I stumbled across a post on TWSBI's Facebook page regarding a TWSBI branded notebook.

Personally, I'm stoked to see how this will come through. I like that a fountain pen maker is considering making their own notebook which will be fountain pen friendly, though I'm not a fan of perforated pages in bound notebooks. Not the entire book at least. What are your thoughts?

Source: TWSBI Notebook

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• mAnuscript69

• StrangerT

• jacksterp

703697_469157176459735_1073078991_o.jpg

This image looks promising with no bleed through and not much ghosting either. I'd probably test out if it is in a reasonable price range. Sometimes I just need no frill notebook that can take fountain pens and not care about much else. I'm always excited about papers and notebooks.

Looks promising. Love the feint ruling. Any info on size and anticipated price?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

This could really be a good thing. Speedy has shown that he consistently delivers high quality at a very reasonable price point.

Lets hope he sticks to the international sizes and makes them in A5 and A6 for starters.

The Goulets are going to be discussing the TWSBI journals on their Write Time! broadcast tonight at 9 PM EST.

This is the list ot tonight's topics.

We're back again tonight for another live Write Time broadcast at 9pm EST! Tonight we'd like to chat about:

• Updated TWSBI timelines (we have a lot of good info)
    • Clear VAC-700's
    • VAC-700 nib units
    • Mini nib units
    • VAC-700 inkwells
    • Eco pen
    • 580 replacing the 540
    • 850 (metal)
    • TWSBI journals

[*]Discussion of future art contests and giveaways, we'd love to bounce some ideas off you[*]Recent 'thinning' of our ink line (mainly De Atramentis) and why[*]More info about the use of the Noodler's Konrad Brush Pens

fron Ink Nouveau Blog http://www.inknouveau.com/

TWSBI inks seriously? I just hope they do not get too adventurous and venture too far off from their niche besides the occasional notebooks or special edition inks or anything… I’m more for an A5 or A4 though, but I would seriously dig a B5 if they have it…!

———calligraphy———fountain pens———paper———books———typography———colours———conservation———

instagram//femoz//skype//fuzzyarse

Didn't catch the Goulet Write Time - any news on this project that we don't yet know?

Didn't catch the Goulet Write Time - any news on this project that we don't yet know?

From last week's Write Time @ 9 broadcast:

The TWSBI journal will be hard bound, size is 4x6" or thereabouts. The paper will be 80g. Originally they went with 100g but the notebook ended up being too thick.

Number of pages is unknown, ruling options are unknown too. It is currently in production; looking at a release date of late January or early March.

From last week's Write Time @ 9 broadcast:

The TWSBI journal will be hard bound, size is 4x6" or thereabouts. The paper will be 80g. Originally they went with 100g but the notebook ended up being too thick.

Number of pages is unknown, ruling options are unknown too. It is currently in production; looking at a release date of late January or early March.

I wonder if the picture shown above is on 80g or 100g. It doesn't look particularly thick but it's picture and can only judge so much without actually touching and writing on it.

I'm rather impressed with how nothing bleeds through. ... at least in the picture.

As arrogant as this may sound, I wish TWSBI has asked us (a free focus group) what we want in a notebook. For me, my demands are simple. It has to lie flat, not feather, and not come apart at the spine. It also cannot bleed into the following page (I don't use both sides of a sheet).

What are your wishes?

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

As arrogant as this may sound, I wish TWSBI has asked us (a free focus group) what we want in a notebook. For me, my demands are simple. It has to lie flat, not feather, and not come apart at the spine. It also cannot bleed into the following page (I don't use both sides of a sheet).

What are your wishes?

All of this and 5 x 7 or even better 7 x 10 the 4 x 6 size mentioned is just to small.

Amos

The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Albert Einstein

What are your wishes?

Agree - great forum here for as much free advice from a potential market place. 6x4 too small to be a notebook and too big to be a pocket book.

What are your wishes?

That's what TWSBI did for the 530.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I wonder if the picture shown above is on 80g or 100g. It doesn't look particularly thick but it's picture and can only judge so much without actually touching and writing on it.

I'm rather impressed with how nothing bleeds through. ... at least in the picture.

I'm guessing 80g but as you said, it's hard to tell based solely on pictures. What I am more interested in is the inks which were used to test the paper.

What are your wishes?

They did this for the 530 and the ink bottle. My guess would be that Speedy, as a fountain pen user, has a general idea of what would be ideal for fountain pen use i.e. book lies flat, no feathering and bleedthrough etc. It takes time to conduct a focus group; it could be that TWSBI is looking to expand quickly with their array of new products in the pipeline.

2013 is looking great for TWSBI!

What are your wishes?

Some of the mandatory qualities:

* FP friendly (no feather, no bleed through, no ghost)

* Lie flat

* Sturdy binding

As of everything else, such as size or format (dot, grid, lined or blank), they are more like preferences than requirement that it seems rather pointless to ask us about that. It'd be impossible to make everyone happy.

What I hope is that they will be sold at a very reasonable price because if I have to pay more clairefontaine or rhodia products

1. They had better be far superior

2. I'll buy once to try and probably wouldn't (or can't afford to) buy again.

I also hope that they are going for no frills kind. I've been looking at Leuchtturm 1917s lately and while they are very detailed to make journaling experience easy and convenient (labels, index, page numbers, etc), I could really do without all that.

What are your wishes?

All of this and 5 x 7 or even better 7 x 10 the 4 x 6 size mentioned is just to small.

7-by-10 sounds about right. Agreed that 4-by-6 is too small. I use notebooks at work. A tiny book is a waste.

Agree also that it should open flat. The Noteletts is handly because it opens flat, has sewn signatures, an elastic strap to keep it closed, a place marker, and a few extras.

I like the big Black-and-Red notebooks with the NYC / Chicago / DC / ?? subway maps.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

4 x 6 is too small for me. Would prefer A5 or ~ 5 x 8. No bleed through, lite feathering.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

Perfect EKE notebook:

A5 or oversize A5

White 90g or heavier CF paper

Lies flat when open

7 mm line spacing, or dot grid

Title page, table of contents page, numbered pages

Ability to add a title to the spine

Durable hard or semi-hard cover, subtle simulated leather would be nice

Several color choices

Elastic closure band

Would someone please make this? I'd be a loyal customer for life. :notworthy1:

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.