Montblanc Albert Einstein

La Stilografica Milano

There is one 3000 for sale at Canary Wharf London Store.

They have the ink too.

Harrods don't have the 99 piece on display anymore (according to a otherwise clueless salesman)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• La Stilografica Milano

• BrandonA

• JLS1

• Vicynax

Hello guys,

we have just received some information about the new Montblanc Albert Einstein

Only 3000 pieces for the Fountain Pen (medium nib only)

1500 pieces for the rollerball and 1500 pieces for the ballpen.

Here some pics.

It should be avaible very soon..

I actually really like that, especially the effect where the clip touches.

Same here, i think it's very nice.. but i'm still waiting to touch it and it should happen very soon.. :thumbup:

fpn_1354583691__einstein.jpg

I got mine yesterday. I think the similar design of engraving on the barrel had been seen on Omas, yet Einstein is made with more high quality. The deep blue lacquer on the clip and the platinum plated barrel looks great. The section is long and curved that is like Aurora, feeling comfortable and stable. I think I will exchange the nib to BB as usual.

Edited by mjchuang9

Enjoy the new pen for many yeras, and years, to come :thumbup:

Edited by Pen Nut

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

There is one 3000 for sale at Canary Wharf London Store.

They have the ink too.

Harrods don't have the 99 piece on display anymore (according to a otherwise clueless salesman)

Presumably it sold?

You're right - they are more beautiful than in MB's pictures. I suspect that this pen will increase in value, probably substantially...

(I need to find a MUCH higher-paying job... ;) )

Edited by JLS1

Here we go with some details and some more pictures:

Specifications:

Weight : 86 g

Length with cap closed : 13.5 cm

Length with cap posted : 17.5 cm

Lenght without cap : 12.4 cm

Grip circumference : 1,1 cm

Some picture:

post-92224-0-80865100-1354807440.jpg

(watch the clip detail)

post-92224-0-79974400-1354807448.jpg

post-92224-0-70775100-1354807471.jpg

( einstenium incision on nib)

post-92224-0-72671200-1354807477.jpg

Here instead some picture with other Montblanc series, this could help if you already have some:

post-92224-0-33444300-1354807660.jpg

(size without cap is really similar to joseph II)

post-92224-0-69808500-1354807735.jpg

post-92224-0-95422500-1354807833.jpg

I'm curious to see some feedback :thumbup:

Edited by La Stilografica Milano

... I really don't see how the 99 should cost 23000€, this is quite a nonsense.

Perhaps, if you do not know more about MB skeletons and LE's. This price is in line with other limited editions of less than 100 pieces.

I also thought so, until I had the privilege of visiting the MB Artisan Atelier at the factory, where a handful of goldsmiths and artisans sit and make these pens by hand. If you see what they do, the hours and hours they spend, and the processes involved, it invokes nothing but respect. I'm not saying the price is fair, it is very expensive for sure, but I am beginning to understand how they get there. What you pay for, is not the materials, but for a piece of somebody's life that went into the making of such an artwork, and the exclusivity of these limited editions. These pieces are never advertised, it is not necessary, the niche market is there.

If this was a large nib (149-size) skeleton, I would have bought one for sure. If I was lucky. Often, the LE skeletons are sold out even before they are officially released. It happened to me with the Eiffel, I had my name put on the waiting list, but no luck. All sold out, even before release.

Bottom line, Montblanc caters for a very small market with these LE's, and they know the right customers will pay for it.

I am afraid I can not agree with you....

For 23000 EUR I can buy 4 violins, made by hand from a block of wood, woods that are 100+ years old, by a master that spend 40 years learning how to make them, who had worked in Russia, Germany, Israel and the U.S.A..........

But hey, I bought Apple inc. at 247 USD per share and sold them at 690..... Hell, I'm buying that 99 LE. (Because I'm a Physicist! Our equation rules your reality~~)

Hi rockspyder,

If you really really need the Eiffel... There is one in China's Montblanc Boutique... Montblanc will be willing to help you to request it.

I can go ask them how much they want it for if you care to know.....

You're right - they are more beautiful than in MB's pictures. I suspect that this pen will increase in value, probably substantially...

Imho is one of the best release of the year..

Here instead some picture with other Montblanc series, this could help if you already have some:

post-92224-0-33444300-1354807660.jpg

post-92224-0-95422500-1354807833.jpg

these pics are just wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Edited by leod

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

Great photos.

I'm loving my Einstein. I love the weight and the way the formulas on the barrel catch the light when you rotate the pen in the hand.

I'm thinking about getting the Hitchcock around April time. Out of curiosity how much does that pen weigh?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I'm thinking about getting the Hitchcock around April time. Out of curiosity how much does that pen weigh?

I'd say they're very similar. Also a nice, heavy pen.

<SNIP>

But hey, I bought Apple inc. at 247 USD per share and sold them at 690..... Hell, I'm buying that 99 LE. (Because I'm a Physicist! Our equation rules your reality~~)

OK smartypants - if your equations rule our reality, what's the equation that would allow me (a man of very modest means) to buy a MB Einstein? (To make it easier, I'll accept one of the 3000 series, not the 99) ;)

Great photos.

I'm loving my Einstein. I love the weight and the way the formulas on the barrel catch the light when you rotate the pen in the hand.

Out of curiosity, are the formulas engraved into the barrel? If so, can you 'feel' them in the palm of your hand when writing?

Edited by JLS1