Pilot Bottled Black

Mafia Geek

Here's my review of Pilot's Bottled Black ink. This is a fairly nice black ink, not the darkest of blacks, almost a real dark grey, but is true to colour and has some shading, which is rare for black inks. I had a hard time telling what the colour base for the ink is, most blacks are blue, green, or purple inks at the source, this one I couldn't really tell. It does have a strong smell to it though, which I'm personally not a fan of. Bottle makes filling real easy because it has an inner well that fills when you tip the bottle upside down (with the lid on obviously).

fpn_1352391604__pilot_bottled_black_review.jpg

Here's the water resistance test. For this I wrote on a small Rhodia pad and after letting the ink dry for several minutes ran it under tap water for a few seconds.

fpn_1352572946__pilot_bottled_black_water_test.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mafia Geek

• georges zaslavsky

• chiaroscuro

I think it is, it's a deal breaker for myself, I can smell it on the nib. Great ink otherwise through, real a shame but that's the way things go sometimes.

• 1 month later...

looks like an interesting black from pilot. thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time