• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Albus

• StyloBug33

• 51ISH

• myn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you. I just wanted to parody Liam Neeson in taken. Anyway I did think the person took it intentionally but who knows? I am still in the midst of tracking her down.

That's pretty funny (the reaction, not losing the pen!). I've only misplaced one pen since I've started. It was my Rotring 600 Lava Ballpoint. I took it to another office to sign something, later when I was looking for it in my office it was nowhere to be found. I retraced my steps over and over again. Just about the time I gave up hope I opened my file drawer cabinet for something and there it was, sitting on one of the rails. I still have the same pen 5 years later, have never lost it since!

-Tom

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

Thank you. I just wanted to parody Liam Neeson in taken. Anyway I did think the person took it intentionally but who knows? I am still in the midst of tracking her down.

Hmmm, it sounds like you're making headway.

My story – lost a mechanical pencil in Joburg South Africa while working there in 1985. Put up a notice in the office but no one had seen it – very disappointed because it was a worn old favourite.

In 1993 it arrived in a padded bag back in Brisbane with a note from an old work colleague in Joburg saying he had opened an old manual and found it in the pages ! He remembered I was upset about it and posted it back. Still have it today !

My story – lost a mechanical pencil in Joburg South Africa while working there in 1985. Put up a notice in the office but no one had seen it – very disappointed because it was a worn old favourite.

In 1993 it arrived in a padded bag back in Brisbane with a note from an old work colleague in Joburg saying he had opened an old manual and found it in the pages ! He remembered I was upset about it and posted it back. Still have it today !

Cool story and a very kind old colleague.

Anyway, there's the excellent reply to Neeson's statement, who here can give it?

Good Luck

Albus, good luck with recovering your pen.

Edited by Chrissy

Ouch! Sure hope you're able to track your P51 down.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

That's a fantastic story!

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

That's a fantastic story!

+1

So sorry that you have lost your pen; even worse that you suspect someone that you thought of as a colleague/friend deliberately absconded with it. :( :angry:

Here is hoping that you just misplaced it and will find it soon, or, if it was indeed taken, that the woman who took it will have a change of heart and will return it to you.

bdez - the happy ending to your story about your long lost pencil is heartening and encouraging; good to see that there are still kind and thoughtful people in this world!

Holly

I can understand your disappointment more because I lost one a week back at Copenhagen airport security checking. Placed my sheaffer nononsense bold italic on the tray and must have forgotten to pick it back. :( Only solace is that it wasn't a costly pen but still it was dear to me. :crybaby:

I love this story. What a good man. Hooray!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.