• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• konis

• crazypencollector

• whych

• demeter

Thanks for the pics.

You can add to the symptoms that the pen sucks ink, but leaks from the top of the barrel ;-

Also, now I get the idea of how to use the paper clip to lock in to the end cap!

Any ideas of what material was used in the Faber Castell/Osmia 882? I never noticed a screwdriver slot on the piston end.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am unfamiliar with this pen. Can anyone kindly enlighten on what the safety clip is for?

Thank you!!

Many of the piston pens have a small hole in the piston sleeve to take a pin to enable you to unscrew the sleeve to get the piston out.

The piscs show the idea you can use to unscrew it without the special tool and using a papaer clip. Ideally the paper clip should be thick enough to give a clearance between bot the body of the pen and blind cap. You can now use a pair of pliers to unscrew the sleeve. Because the clip sticks out from the body and cap, the pliers grip the paper clip and not the pen.

Other manufacturers put a flat edge or 2 on the sleeve to accept a thin spanner.

• 1 month later...

Great stuff:) I saw the holes and looked into them with loupes,stuck pins in them and couldn't figure out if they were for taking the filler out or what.The cork is perfect.I use the Neoprene seals.I hope they are sufficient.Love Osmias:)That Sheaffer looking one , second from the left is fairly rare I think...

Edited by crazypencollector

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I realize this is an old thread, however I just picked up a Osmia 661 with a worn cork and decided I'd like to try the repair myself.

Is the paperclip supposed to "catch" on the metal shaft when inserted? Also, i'm assuming heat should be applied to the part of the barrel where the piston assembly screws into it yes? In what direction do you "unscrew" the piston assembly?

Hope someone sees this and replies....

Thanks,

James

James