Top Ten Favourite Pens An Inks

PAC 1957

I'm new to FPN, so maybe this subject was already addressed in other topics in the past. I collected a considerable number of pens since the 80's both new and vintage. Here is my current top ten favourite pens an inks list:

- Montblanc Bohème (current model) with MB Irish Green

- Omas 360 (piston filled pre-2007 model - white) with MB Mistery Black

- Montblanc 146 (80's model with 14 K medium nib) with MB Midnight Blue

- Omas 360 (piston filled pre 2007 model - yellow) with Caran d'Ache Saffron

- Parker Duofold (early 90's sterling silver model) with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz

- Aurora 88 ( 1993 special "briar" look body numbered edtion for the 100th anniversary of the Stilofetti pen shop in Rome/Italy) with Caran d'Ache Gran Canyon

- Pelikan M700 (late 90's black body & silver cap model) with Caran d'Ache Storm

- Montblanc 149 (current model) with MB Royal Blue

- Montblanc 144 ( early 90's, with silver cap) with MB Burgundy Red

- Omas The Paragon ( late 80's model) with Pelikan Edelstein Jade

I use these pens on a regular basis, most of the listed inks are suitable for business (maybe except for docs signature with CdA Saffron, Pelikan Jade and MB Burgundy Red, which are anyway, in my opinion, perfect for personal and meeting notes, comments on texts,etc.).

The 2 pens I carry always in my bag are the 2 Omas 360's, the other ones are on daily/weekly rotation, according to mood, situation, etc.

Actually, this was supposed to be a top 11 list, as I wanted to add also my late 70's sterling silver university years Parker 75( it's the first "important" pen I purchased ), but the current lack of spare parts (confirmed by several Italian and European pen shops - the last one today), some of which had some spare parts in stock in the early 2000's ) unfortunately forced me to take it out , but Waterman Havana is always ready for it..... By the way can someone advise me if and where Parker 75 spare parts can be found (stores in other Countries, web, etc.?

Here I post a photo of these pens. To my next post I'll attach a photo of their "performances" on Moleskine paper.

Any comments?

[What about Your top pens & inks list?

Best

Piero

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAC 1957

• Dillo

• Freddy

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello

And.......... :W2FPN:

Interesting you consider those inks to be suitable for the workplace....only the black would be considered suitable in my workplace :gaah:

You don't say what part(s) you are looking for for your Parker 75 ....but here is one site that sells parts...

I have never used this seller, so make up your own mind...

http://www.parker75.com/

:thumbup:

Edited by 51ISH

Although I have lots more than ten fountain pens now, I don't know that I can say there are ten favorites. Let's see:

1. Esterbrook J with 9668 nib.
  2. Esterbrook SJ with 9550 nib.
  3. Pelikan M200.
  4. Conway Stewart 388.
  5. Eversharp Skyline.

That should be enough for a favorites list. Inks?

1. Namiki Blue (my workhorse).
  2. Rohrer and Klinger Scabiosa (an iron gall purple).
  3. De Atramentis Gaius Julius Caesar (gray, but essentially a dull black).
  4. Noodler's Forest Green.

Luckily, nobody at work seems to have standards for inks. We do have some things like checkoff lists and data sheets which will be filed for years, but nobody has objected to me using up my Noodler's Kiowa Pecan brown, which I don't particularly like, on these. Apart from that, I take notes for my own use, but most of our writing is on computers. For my journals and notebooks at home, I typically change to a different colored ink for each entry.

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

What a beautiful gathering of pens; they are really quite a feast for the eyes . . . and your choice of inks is equally enchanting. I have only a few pens, though none in this range of craftsmanship and elegance . . . but I love looking at them. Thank you for sharing.

"It is blindly, with no project, that those who dare all advance." --Luce Irigaray

Nice post. Like the pens, particularly the Pelikan and the Parker.

I currently have an mb144 with mb blue/black, and a Carene deluxe with mb diamond blue.

Nice Pelikan M730 (c.1998..line pattern Ag blind cap and *cap..which..by the way is

*hallmarked 925) filled with funky 'Storm'..

Welcome Aboard! Piero..Enjoy your time here..

Fred

Thankyou all very much for Your replies and comments. In particular, thankyou 51ISH for Your useful hint on the Parker 75, which I love so much. As for the inks, in the near future I would like to try some De Atramentis and Noodler's variations of my favourite colours.By the way, here is a late 80's Omas Gentleman - 1930 (the other Arte Italian pen I have besides The Paragon) which had serious ink flow problems and now, after having it repaired, seems to work ok.I filled it with a classic Waterman Florida Blue.

Best

Piero

post-92454-0-22636900-1349019014.jpg

Hi,

I have a very carefully done collection that suits my tastes, so all of them are my favorites decidedly.

The list I have is as follows.

Waterman Ici et Là Turquoise CT fine nib Omas Turquoise

Pilot Capless Decimo pink fine nib Diamine Claret

Pilot Capless Decimo pink fine nib Pilot pink

Pilot Myu-90 with Omas Turquoise

Pilot short pens with fine nibs Diamine Claret for both

Sailor short pen with tulips fine nib Omas green

Pilot Custom 74 clear fine nib Diamine Jade Green

Nakaya Cigar Portable Kikyo with hard super extra-fine nib Aurora Blue

Nakaya Cigar Portable Ame Iro with hard extra-fine nib Aurora Black (I'm not settled on a color for this pen yet)

Sailor Professional Gear Slim-mini Morita hard medium-fine nib Omas Turquoise

Aurora Madamin fine nib Diamine Claret

I have a bunch of unpaired pens and inks as well.

Aurora Optima x3 (different materials/sizes)

Aurora 88P

Aurora International x2

Aurora Hastil x2

Aurora Idea x2

Pilot Capless Decimo Violet

Diamine Scarlet

Diamine Hope Pink

Diamine Soft Mint

Diamine Sapphire

Diamine Blue-Black (probably going into my Aurora Optima in Blue) I have a lot of this ink.

Pelikan Violet

I am out of Pilot pink, so I'm substituting that for either Diamine Hope Pink or Scarlet.

I really like MB Emerald green, but they sadly don't make it anymore, so I am trying to substitute with with Diamine Soft Mint.

I do have a penchant for putting some brighter colors into my black pens. I also rotate my collection. My Italian pens have broader nibs and I use them for different things than my Japanese pens which have finer nibs. I use my Italian pens more for my scratchpad and more writing letters, drafts, and such. I use my Japanese pens more for proofreading, class notes, and such things. I'll check back here when I have chosen inks for my other pens.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

So right now I am loving only a couple pens;

MB Alexandre Dumas WE

Pilot M90

TWSBI Micarta

I change the colors close to daily...But I have been digging my Mont Blanc Hitchcock ink and the Meisterstuck Blue that just came out. Other than that pretty much any Iroshizuku ink suits my taste as well heh (damn expensive tastes). Either way that's it for now. I would have said my TWSBI Diamond 540 but I keep getting cracks in the barrels and grips :( .

• 2 months later...

My daily users:

2002 Omas 360 Ebony blue with MB Royale Blue

1961 Sheaffer PFMII dark blue with Diamine prussian blue

1979 Mb 149 with MB British Racing green

1970 MB 149 with MB Royale Blue

1972 MB 149 with MB Irish Green

1949 Sheaffer Crest Triumph with Waterman Havana

My week end writer

1925 Parker Senior Big Red Duofold with Private Reserve Tangerine Dream

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Parker 51 with Noodler's Manhattan Blue

Parker 51 with Aurora Black

Esterbrook with Pelikan Black

Aurora Nikargenta with Aurora Black

Graf von Faber-CAstell Basic (ex-f) with Waterman's Havana