Montegrappa Limited Edition Batman

Appelboompen

Following the last Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, Montegrappa pays tribute to one of our greatest superheroes. This collection is part of the ‘’Cult’’ series.

Celebrating the legendary superhero created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger in 1939, Montegrappa has developped its most sophisticated hi-tech limited edition ever. Carbon fiber and steel forge an exclusive collection including fountain pens, rollerballs, watches and cufflinks.

Only 500 sets consisting of fountain pen (€3.900,-) or rollerball (€3.400,-) with matching watch and cufflinks. Fountain pens (€2.300,-) and rollerballs (€1.800,-) are also available individually, with a total number of 1939 pieces being produced.

The collection is available at the end of October.

For pictures see our Facebook page: Facebook

(Don't forget to like us for the latest pen news!)

Edited by Appelboompen

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl

We ship worldwide!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raging.dragon

• Appelboompen

• sumgaikid

• freakman

Interesting pen. Better than some outrageous pens Montegrappa has produced of late.

I Like the black matte colour and basic shape, though the section is too narrow for my taste. But I could do with a pen like that without the bat references. I do enjoy the movies and liked the old TV-series and comics, but to pay that much money.... No Way.

A pen like this in the €300 range (like the NeroUno) would get my attention.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

$$$$ on a gimmick! blink.gif

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I get home from watching The Dark Knight Rises and I see this post.... The section is a bit narrow, but otherwise I like the pen and the theme is done tastefully. Nice cufflinks too, though I'm not really a fan of the watch. I'm very tempted. Unfortunately the price puts it out of my immediate reach.

Interesting pen. Better than some outrageous pens Montegrappa has produced of late.

I Like the black matte colour and basic shape, though the section is too narrow for my taste. But I could do with a pen like that without the bat references. I do enjoy the movies and liked the old TV-series and comics, but to pay that much money.... No Way.

A pen like this in the €300 range (like the NeroUno) would get my attention.

D.ick

Thank you for your comment D.ick!

We ship worldwide!

Montegrappa, legendary and beautiful, am I allowed to express despair?

An expensive line aimed at a fourteen year old audience priced so only a forty year old might be able to afford it.

Makes as much sense as the ST Dupont '007 series pens I guess. At least James Bond was meant to appeal to folk old enough to enjoy a martini.

An expensive line aimed at a fourteen year old audience priced so only a forty year old might be able to afford it.

Makes as much sense as the ST Dupont '007 series pens I guess. At least James Bond was meant to appeal to folk old enough to enjoy a martini.

The fanbase for Batman (and the other big comic book franchises) today is mostly adult geeks, the same people who are fans of other science fiction and fantasy genres. I see two main potential markets for this pen:

1. First alot of the younger FPN members (myself included) seem to be adult geeks, so there's likely to be a significant number of people who are both Batman fans and fountain pen users or collectors.
  2. Second many adult geeks spend alot of money collecting merchandise and making or buying costumes. Thus it's likely at least some Batman fans who aren't (yet) fountain pen buyers will buy this pen.

And at least a few fountain pen collectors who don't care about Batman will buy this pen, either because they happen to like it, or because they buy everything Montegrappa produces.

Edited by raging.dragon

I get home from watching The Dark Knight Rises and I see this post....

Shame it was rubbish...

Too many pens; too little writing.

For that kind of price I expect something more exquisite. Forced to make a choice I would buy any of my pens that are under 1000 dollars (except for Lamy) all over again, instead of getting that one.

Is it possible to post some pictures here, since I do not have a facebook account?

You can take a look at the pictures, even if you don't have a facebook account!

We ship worldwide!

After looking at the pics,gotta say that I'm not impressed...........not 3900 euros impressed.

Even if they were only limited to 10 sets...........

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

After looking at the pics,gotta say that I'm not impressed...........not 3900 euros impressed.

John

For 3900 euros you also get the cufflinks and watch. The pen on it's own is 2300 euros. Still well beyond of most of our budgets, I expect.

Edited by raging.dragon

John

For 3900 euros you also get the cufflinks and watch. The pen on it's own is 2300 euros. Still well beyond of most of our budgets, I expect.

I figured in the watch and cufflinks. Still,not my cup-o'-tea.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

worse than I thought

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time