Pen Cups!

keepitfresh

There are lots of photos of pen pouches, cases, and stands, but let's show some love to the pen cup! I don't normally have so many in mine, but just for the photo, I loaded it up. My friend went to touring in Europe last summer and bought this neat little thing for me. It normally holds one or two pens that I need quick access too! Share your cup, and maybe even the story behind it? :)post-72388-0-07718000-1340858670.jpg

Edited by keepitfresh

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind -Romans 12:2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LWW

• jbb

• Ceilidh

• Mags

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/Office/PENS.jpg

Not exactly a cup, but it works for me.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

^ I really like that telephone.

Here is my cup. It has blueprints for older Panerai watches PAM 009, PAM 201, PAM 202 around the cup. I don't use it anymore since it's too tall. I use cigar boxes to store my pens and inks but I still like my trusty old coffee mug.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee196/muzi6894/pencup.jpg

• OMAS 360 Vintage Turquoise |

Delta Stantuffo Mocha Oro Rosso Grande |

Pelikan M605

Pelikan M215 | Piper Empire Dark Forest

There are lots of photos of pen pouches, cases, and stands, but let's show some love to the pen cup! I don't normally have so many in mine, but just for the photo, I loaded it up. My friend went to touring in Europe last summer and bought this neat little thing for me. It normally holds one or two pens that I need quick access too! Share your cup, and maybe even the story behind it? :)post-72388-0-07718000-1340858670.jpg

.....this is a great desk piece for your fountain pens...thanks for giving me ideas for future desk tidying using the same idea.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 2 cups at work. One for my cup of coffee and the other for my pens.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Please excuse the rude little gnome dip pen.... he has a mind of his own and it was very hard to get him to pose for the photo. :headsmack:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7604033592_890db534c3_o.jpg

Edited by jbb

Please excuse the rude little gnome dip pen.... he has a mind of his own and it was very hard to get him to pose for the photo. :headsmack:

That's a great little Noritake jug :thumbup:

That's a great little Noritake jug :thumbup:

Thanks -- it's a thrift store find. It's marked Nippon. Is that the same thing as Noritake?

Thanks -- it's a thrift store find. It's marked Nippon. Is that the same thing as Noritake?

Probably. For a while, most Japanese porcelain made for export was marked "Nippon," indicating country, rather than company, of origin. This later changed to "Made in Japan" to comply with a change in American import laws. But much of the porcelain exported with the Nippon mark was made by the company that became Noritake. What a pretty little jug!

Not exactly a cup, but it works for me.

That's more of what I've been looking for than a cup per se. I've seen one called a "frog". I'm looking for something that will hold several pens upright and separated.

Where did you find this? And... have you noticed it marking (scratching, denting, scraping, etc.) your pens at all?

Thanks.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Before that stuff was marked either MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN or MIOJ.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

Before that stuff was marked either MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN or MIOJ.

Did you perhaps mean "after?". Nippon dates back to the early 20th century and the import law change requiring "Made in Japan" was in the late 20s or early 30s. Quite a bit before the post WWII occupation. But you're certainly correct that for a period after the war, Japanese imports were indeed marked Made in Occupied Japan.

Edited by Ceilidh

Then my knowledge base has been expanded.

Here are mine. I bought these gargoyles in the mid-90's from the Levenger catalog.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8154/7624583088_5499743abe_h.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8424/7624588432_28fa7ff6ae_h.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/7624594258_8f22f57dd4_h.jpg

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

Here are mine. I bought these gargoyles in the mid-90's from the Levenger catalog.

Where's the love (3) button?

Where's the love (3) button?

LOL! Yes, I miss that about Ravelry!

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1344585724__imag0292.jpg

I have a pair of these green National Trust wellies in my office at home and at work. Made of rubber, there is no chance of scratching my precious pens :thumbup:

Pavoni.

• 3 weeks later...

fpn_1344585724__imag0292.jpg

I have a pair of these green National Trust wellies in my office at home and at work. Made of rubber, there is no chance of scratching my precious pens :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: