Perfect Pencil Collection

Thanks to the help of forum member , Chettiar, I added a few perfect pencils to my collection.

The upper left are the GvFC versions than the others, in roughly chronological order. There are only 2 that I am aware of that i do not have. The White gold with diamonds ( limited edition of 99 ) and the stainless steel with diamonds ( limited edition of 249?? )

if you have seen other variations please let me know.

I also am interested in point of sale material for the perfect pencil

thanks

post-75747-0-19491200-1332186526.jpg

post-75747-0-29466000-1332186628.jpg

Edited by gcole

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gcole

• kirkmc

• SirVival

• Algester

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no idea what these are. Pencil holders? Very handsome though. I like pencils as part of a set with fountain pens. I've recently found a blue canadian Parker Vacumatic pencil on ebay to go with a matching fountain pen. Not the same year. I confess I haven't been looking that hard.Taken me 27 years though.

they are a pencil extender for when the pencil gets short.

It has a clip on the cap so you can carry it in your shirt , also inside the cap is a sharpener.

everything you need for a sharp pencil point

gary

• 3 years later...

I have the Sterling version without the sharpener.

Love it! :lol:

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

• 2 months later...

that is a wonderful collection; thanks for sharing it! I have the green plastic one and 2 of the aluminum ones, and they are a delight to use especially when needed to jot down a quick note or add something to a shopping list when on the road. The company's customer service is amazing! vinper

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is one on display for 10000 at the KaDeWe in Berlin, if you need that one 😉

Edited by SirVival

I'm a big fan of the perfect pencil 9000 (the green one). The sharpener in it is excellent and it is, perhaps, my favorite pencil extender (for pencils that fit...wider pencils require a more accommodating extender).

Unfortunately, I lost mine. I replaced it with a blue plastic perfect pencil that appears to be aimed at school kids. It functions, but doesn't exude the same level of quality as the pp9000 did. I suspect that it uses a different mechanism for gripping the pencil inside the extender, but can't say for certain since I no longer have my pp9000 to compare it to.

--flatline

• 1 month later...

I just got the platinum Perfect Pencil, and I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I love pencils; I love the smell of them, I love the feel of the wood. So the idea of the Perfect Pencil was attractive, because it adds a bit of class to the pencil. I've used cheap pencil extenders in the past, and they've been useful, allowing me to use a good pencil for longer.

The problem for me - and others may not feel this way - is that the extender is quite heavy. (I got the platinum plated one.) This means that the entire thing feels a bit unbalanced when I write, as though the pencil is forced upwards against my fingers by the weight at its end. I have a feeling this would be a lot better with shorter pencils, such as the "pocket pencils" that GvFC makes, or when I've worn down the pencil that I'm using with it. But I'm not convinced that this is comfortable enough to want to use regularly.

I should note that I like heavy writing instruments. The Perfect Pencil, with the new pencil, is 31g. The pens I'm currently using are both fairly heavy: the Pelikan M1000 is 35g (with ink), and the Montblanc Balzac ballpoint is 54g. But both have better balance, at least for my hand.

It is a beautiful device, and I got the one with the fancy wood and metal box, which is also a very nice object, and could serve as a pen case on a desk. But I'll have to see over the next few weeks whether I feel that I can really use it.

I got a new set very cheap on eBay, so worst case I can sell it at a good price. I'm new on the forum, so when my 30-day probation period is over, I'll decide if I want to list it here.

Edited by kirkmc

I write about things: Kirkville

I don't think you are supposed to post the metal ones as you write. I think they are to make a pencil portable like a pen you can carry in a shirt pocket.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

When the pencils get short, yes you are. I could choose to not use it while the pencil is long enough; that's certainly a possibility. But you've used the pencils enough, the idea of the extender is to extend them, so you can use them to as close to the end as possible.

To be fair, the pencils are lovely; perhaps the nicest pencils I've ever held.

Edited by kirkmc

I write about things: Kirkville

• 8 months later...

The first generation (bleistiftverlängerer) are supposed to be used as pencil extenders. They are lighter and thinner, and don't have the built-in sharpener.