Pelikan M200 Vs. Pelikan M150 Size Comparison

mcnoodle

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has both a Pelikan M200 and a Pelikan M150. I'd like to see a pic of what they look like side-by-side. I did find some (fairly vague) measurements for the M150 online, but being a photographer and a visual being, a photo would go a long way toward helping me see just how much smaller the M150 is.

So, do you know of an online photo that compares the two side-by-side, or, if you have the two pens, could you take such a photo and put me out of my misery? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcnoodle

• radellaf

• haziz

• The Good Captain

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's a M150 in the middle, yes? (from left to right M300, M150, M215, correct?)

That's it.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has both a Pelikan M200 and a Pelikan M150. I'd like to see a pic of what they look like side-by-side. I did find some (fairly vague) measurements for the M150 online, but being a photographer and a visual being, a photo would go a long way toward helping me see just how much smaller the M150 is.

So, do you know of an online photo that compares the two side-by-side, or, if you have the two pens, could you take such a photo and put me out of my misery? Thanks in advance for any help!

It is a great pen size wise. I prefer it in many ways to the M200/M400, and definitely prefer it to the M600 and M1000 that I have, and I have very large (male) hands. I do post my pens; it may be considered too small if you do not post your pens.

It is interesting that the M150 is not much smaller than the M200. The difference I think will be that it is thinner than the M200. I don't mind my M800, but prefer my M600 size-wise, and like the M400/M200 size also. Not sure if I'd like something even thinner though. Only one way to find out, right? ;)

BTW I had an M1000 and sold it, despite the really sweet nib. I loved the pen, but it was way too large for me to comfortably write with it for any period of time.

Edited by mcnoodle

At least finding out if you like the M150 is pretty cheap compared to the others. I find it almost an ideal size for shirt pocket carry since just a tad shorter does make a difference with some Polos where the bottom of the pocket isn't flat (shorter at the sides). In the hand it does feel smaller relative to the M200 than it looks like. I don't find that a bad thing, since I still like the M300 size. The XF nib on the M150 (random, from Swisher) is much finer than the M200 XF I have (Richard Binder adjusted, but not reground). The F that the M150 came with initially was stub-ish in terms of directional line variation.

Lately I've been dreaming about getting either a ruby red M320 or the M1005 demo and can't decide which. I do suspect the M1000 size would be too big for me, but then I'm fine with a Pilot 823 which I think is about the same size (5.9"/6.5" capped/posted). I like the M300 nib, but while spring is nice, I don't actually like a nib that's too line-width-variation flexible, and that seems to be the main feature of the M1000 over the other birds.

After I get the bill for today's car maintenance I suspect I may end up just waiting for the more affordable TWSBI Vac demo.