Rollerball Refill Help

KiwiTaz

Could anyone help me identify a rollerball Miesterstuck pen and advise me how I can identify the correct refill.

I have recently acquired this pen and ordered some refills from the only MB boutique we have in NZ. They tell me there is only two rollerball refills made for MB, the Classique and the Le Grande.

We ruled out the Le Grande so they sent me the Classique.

However the refills they sent to me will not fit as they are too large in diameter (only by approx 0.5-0,7mm !). Also, the refills they sent have a threaded shoulder near the point and my original does not.

Im sorry but I do not have a photo of the refill but it is printed with the MB brand, the words "Montblanc Rollerball", "Pix", "Made in Germany"

I have already sent my refill to the boutique for them to identify and they say they have "never" seen one like it so I have had to send my pen to them today to let their service department look at pen.

Any help identifying this refill or any history of this pen would be appreciated, it has a serial number around the top band so I presume it is post 1990.

Thank you in advance

post-73841-0-03640900-1311755589.jpg

post-73841-0-10628000-1311755602.jpg

Edited by KiwiTaz

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KiwiTaz

• osnofian

• mlr8

• UltraMagnus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:W2FPN:

Sorry to break it to you like this, but your pen is not a genuine Montblanc. Posting pictures of the refill might help as someone might have come across a similar one, but I'm afraid an original refill won't fit.

:W2FPN:

Sorry to break it to you like this, but your pen is not a genuine Montblanc. Posting pictures of the refill might help as someone might have come across a similar one, but I'm afraid an original refill won't fit.

Thank you. I am curious to know what tells you this is not genuine?

these replicas tend to take standard rollerball refills IIRC, so pilot G2 refills would fit.

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

Unfortunately, way too many things... starting from the top:

- Originals don't have a black top like that, the metal continues after the clip ring, just barely touching the star.

- The grooves of the pen are spaced differently and all end at exactly the same place.

- The original pens don't have indentations around the main cap ring.

- The shape of the bottom of the pen is wrong (originals are more rounded).

I'm sure there are other details that I'm not seeing in the pictures.

This is a fake MB. Sorry!

I have a real MB RB with metal cap (gold colour).

Some pics, the big one is Le Grand RB

fpn_1311770324__sam_0376.jpg

fpn_1311770358__sam_0377.jpg

fpn_1311770397__sam_0379.jpg

fpn_1311771768__sam_0383.jpg

Edited by mlr8

Unfortunately, way too many things... starting from tw

he top:

- Originals don't have a black top like that, the metal continues after the clip ring, just barely touching the star.

- The grooves of the pen are spaced differently and all end at exactly the same place.

- The original pens don't have indentations around the main cap ring.

- The shape of the bottom of the pen is wrong (originals are more rounded).

I'm sure there are other details that I'm not seeing in the pictures.

Very precise description.

http://www.coloradopen.com/product/montblanc-710-refill/all

Unfortunately fake MB business is a thriving one.

I am not sure if it will fit but try a Pilot G2 refill. You may like the way it writes.

Regards,

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the advise, information and quick response.

Obviously the Montblanc boutique in Auckland will also confirm it as well.

I am new to this forum but for the record I dont condone or support in anyway fakes and non genuine copies of any products. It looks like I have been duped here and I am embarrassed to admit it. :embarrassed_smile:

I have purchased other "Genuine" Montblanc products which include a Meisterstuck Ballpoint and leather products. Which have all the correct documentation.

This pen caught my eye and the rest is history!

Ah well, All I can do is contact the seller.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the advise, information and quick response.

Obviously the Montblanc boutique in Auckland will also confirm it as well.

I am new to this forum but for the record I dont condone or support in anyway fakes and non genuine copies of any products. It looks like I have been duped here and I am embarrassed to admit it. :embarrassed_smile:

I have purchased other "Genuine" Montblanc products which include a Meisterstuck Ballpoint and leather products. Which have all the correct documentation.

This pen caught my eye and the rest is history!

Ah well, All I can do is contact the seller.

No need to feel embarrassed buddy. Its is a minefield and many people fall foul. Sttep learning curve this MB buying thing.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Thanks again everyone.

As expected the boutique confirmed it as a fake. After everyones replies I contacted the seller and referred him to this thread. He is being really good about it and like me, did not realise it was a fake. He has apologised and will be refunding me in full - could not ask for more.

mlr8...thanks for the very clear photos. Hopefully they will help others like me.