Montblanc Wooden 20 Pen Collectors Box?

Montecristo

Today at our local boutique a sales rep showed me a 20 pen wooden collectors box (dark blue / black) that folds open like a book an has felt lined compartments.

I have researched the web and only found an older reference on FPN to such a box, but regretfully without a picture.

Does anybody own this box? Any experience with it? Indication of value?

The box is being offered for free B) if I purchase the Thomas Mann FP, but the only one they have left is a M. So I need to decide if the box is worth it for me to purchase the pen and go through a nib exchange or search for the right Mann version (F or BB).

Thanks for your thoughts. :thumbup:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Montecristo

• s5blitzer

• KJY

• pavoni

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take a picture as it has perked my interest too.

I know there is a 8-pen leather exterior, felt lined interior MB case that can be purchased for $450 retail. I also heard from a boutique manager that MB is coming out with a wooden case (not sure pen capacity) in December timeframe that will retail over $2K.

Wow, you are extreme ... F or BB. :thumbup:

The box is being offered for free B) if I purchase the Thomas Mann FP, but the only one they have left is a M. So I need to decide if the box is worth it for me to purchase the pen and go through a nib exchange or search for the right Mann version (F or BB).

Don't ask silly questions. Any queries about this box can be answered later. Go for it immediately, take the free box and go through the nib exchange for a BB. :thumbup:

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

Take the box and run it is..... :ph34r: Wil post picture soon.

:thumbup: that's the way to go!

...any recent collectors boxes from Montblanc I know are $$$.

Let us know how the one you got looks like.

Cheers

Michael

PS: Enjoy your Mann FP as well

For FREE???!!!!????

Take it and run! I've wanted one of these for ages!

MB Starwalker Black Resin BP • MB Starwalker Black Mystery RB • MB Starwalker Black Mystery FP (M)

MB Meisterstück Diamond Classique FP (M) • MB Starwalker 100 Years SE FP (M)

MB John Lennon FP (M) • MB Meisterstück Geometric Dimension FP (BB)

MB Carlo Collodi WE FP (M)

Design is not just what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works! — Steve Jobs

I didn't get one with my Thomas Mann!!!! :bawl:

Grab it whilst the offer is still on the table.

Pavoni.

My local boutique had one for sale amount two years ago. The price was £425.

I'd love one but I have over twenty pens so it wouldn't really suit my needs. It is a lovely box though. Considering a nib exchange on a new pen is free you'd be a fool to turn it down if you wanted the pen anyway

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Please take pictures you lucky Monte!!! Yes, FREE beats $$$ everyday and the nib exchange is the way to go.

Congrats! Photos please.

Edited by Blade Runner

This is was happened:

I purchased the Mann which is sent to MB for a nib exchange. Received the box as a gift, but the one they had was damaged :gaah: (a heavy object fell on it and caused a big dent and crack in the varnish): The rep apologized and ordered me a new one that should be here by August, hopefully with the Mann.

The box is nicely done with the pen slots finished in felt over a type of flexible foam / rubber that snugly fits around most pens. Tried it with the Mann, the Verne I was carrying and a Ghandi that the store had. The box has a laser etched MB logo under the lacquer / varnish, that does not show well on my pictures (sorry for the quality, taken with my IPhone, but the chandelier didn't help either). The box has a dark blue almost black color. It is a very nice box that will fit part of my collection of pens (the rest is in Visconti magnetic tray's), one of which I am adding a picture of for comparison.

Has anybody seen this box before?

On my way out I asked whether they still had any discontinued / older style MB ink's and she pulled out a tray with Racing Green, Sepia and Ruby Red. Ended buying the two last bottles of Racing Green :puddle: and seriously considering going back for the sepia. Just inked my Shaw with the racing green.

attachment=101492:IMG_0437.jpg]

Very nice and a great find. Question - is the 2nd picture your collection of pens? If so, excellent collection! Do I see a skeleton pen in there? :puddle:

Wow! This place sounds like the boutique of our dreams. What great luck!

Thanks.

Second picture is part of the collection. The 'skeleton' is the Octavian POA which has a spider theme.

Missing MB's in this tray are:

149 75th Ann Ltd.

Lennon, BB nib (ready to be picked up at my favorite pen shop in The Hague)

Hemingway (FP & BP)

149, 1990

146, 1992

Other pens not pictured are Visconti's, Stipula's, Parker Duofold's, Waterman Edson and some miscellaneous pens

Thanks.

Second picture is part of the collection. The 'skeleton' is the Octavian POA which has a spider theme.

Missing MB's in this tray are:

149 75th Ann Ltd.

Lennon, BB nib (ready to be picked up at my favorite pen shop in The Hague)

Hemingway (FP & BP)

149, 1990

146, 1992

Other pens not pictured are Visconti's, Stipula's, Parker Duofold's, Waterman Edson and some miscellaneous pens

PERFECT!! Great choices! Thanks for sharing.

I set out below a photo of the now-discontinued MB pen chest. I know that penboard.de sold one used last summer, and I also noticed two slightly damaged chests sell for about US$500 at the June 2011 Bonham's pen auction.

post-41835-0-68867500-1308884561.jpg

Wow!

Thanks for sharing the pics and your partly collection. Really nice :puddle:

I know why get that box for free. I would also please such a collectioner!

Kind regards,

KJY

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Thanks for the compliment for the pens.

Would you believe that this Mann is the first pen that I purchase at this store? It really is. My normal venue is Akkerman Pennen in The Hague (once or twice a year when I am in Europe). Guess I got lucky B)

PS: I am still very curious to hear whether anybody else out there has seen / owns this box. Is it a regular world wide Montblanc edition? Only made for the Caribbean Duty Free stores or maybe just for this particular store (forgot to ask the sales rep that......)?