Is The Pelikan Steno Still Manufactured?

wackyvorlon

Does anyone know if Pelikan still manufactures their Steno pen? It seems to be getting harder and harder to find online.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wildblueroan

• mirosc

• wackyvorlon

• Dan308

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I know the P470 is no longer manufactured. But that is not a loss. Some shops still sell the replacement nibs.

If you are looking for a Pelikan Steno go for the old ones (120/140 series until the 1980s), made in gold and steel with the nib labelled ST. Everything I hear about them here tells me (never had one) that they are much much better.

Greetings,

Michael

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

For the record I own 2 Pelikan P470s, and they are quite nice writers-not flexible but definitely springy and responsive, smooth nibs.

I was very lucky to find these replacement nibs for Pelikan pens.

post-25796-0-78616200-1375849717_thumb.jpg

On the right is a gold plated nib which will fit early models of P20, P30, M20, M30, M60, MK10, MK20, MK30 and 2nd generation Pelikano of '65.

On the left is a steel nib for P470 burgundy pen.

This will fit later models of P21, P30, P60, M21, M30, M60 and 3rd generation Pelikano of '69.

If you swapped your Pelikan M30 nib with one, you have a piston filler with a steno nib.

Tor

• 2 years later...

I had heard how flexible the fabled '50's Steno nib was.....sigh, I trans-mailed in some folks in Germany refuse to mail out side of Germany a '50's (S) steno nibbed pen to England.

I was very disappointing. I think it was close to regular flex...right now I can't remember if it was stiffer or not. It was not superflex.

So there may be two versions of the '50's Steno, like there are of the Pelikan War nib. My War nib was the old fashioned 'true' regular flex, not even semi-flex much less the better that is out there.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.