Need Help On Identification Of Cross Pens.

Sanjuro

I am having difficulty identifying two Cross pens that I recently acquired and was hoping someone here could assist me. "Cross" and "USA" are written on the cap of both pens. When I open the fountain pen, the number "1004" is inscribed is a quasi dot matrix format where the ink cartridge goes in. The ball point pen has the number "3004" in the same location. I've tried looking up these numbers but without avail. (I hope the photo attachments work correctly and are not too large. I'm not very experienced with posting on forums.)

Thank you for any assistance in identifying these pens.

post-47984-083024300 1282880414.jpg

post-47984-013253300 1282880426.jpg

post-47984-025228600 1282880449.jpg

post-47984-017380000 1282880468.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sanjuro

• Russ

• cctraderx

• nxn96

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The FP appears to be a Century II, although the white dot in the black cap is interesting.

Since Cross used (maybe still does) the disc on the cap of the ballpoint to distinguish it from the pencil (plain cap) as you look down to your pocket, maybe a smaller disc on the fp cap was thought necessary for the same reason- even though the fp cap is obviously a larger diameter than either the ballpoint or pencil. My guess is that there is a matching pencil out there with the plain cap.

Handsome set, nonetheless.

That is a special edition set that Cross brought out in 05 or 06. I had the set but I sold it, It is called Engelsberger. It was to honor the engineer who invented a s special engraving machine that enabled Cross to make complex engraved designs.

Thank you for the information. Fountain pen use is new for me, but I can already see how this can become expensive. Now I'm looking around and seeing other that I would like to try out and compare.