Sailor Hoscal

bluemoon

Hi,

I recently acquired a Sailor Hoscal FP (I love slimmer pens). Modern Sailor converters don't fit this. Could anybody please help me finding the right converter/cartridge for it?

Thanks..

Edited by bluemoon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stan

• bluemoon

• donwinn

• WillSW

Hi,

I recently acquired a Sailor Hoscal FP (I love slimmer pens). Modern Sailor converters don't fit this. Could anybody please help me finding the right converter/cartridge for it?

Thanks..

If not mistaken, when you look inside the barrel you will see a black plastic ring as part of the piece with the threads. I think there was a converter with a narrower taper to the end. I have only seen them in higher lines by Sailor and they came with the pen. The bad news is they were made a short period in the 1970s and early 1980s and are no longer available. You can use the standard Sailor cartridge or made a converter yourself.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

Thanks Stan! Really appreciated.

I am going to use standard Sailor cartridges in this pen..until I figure out how I can make a converter. Stan, I guess you are referring to a method to modify existing converters to fit this pen. Any heads up how this can be done?

Thanks again,

Sas

Thanks Stan! Really appreciated.

I am going to use standard Sailor cartridges in this pen..until I figure out how I can make a converter. Stan, I guess you are referring to a method to modify existing converters to fit this pen. Any heads up how this can be done?

Thanks again,

Sas

Google Russ Stutlers website. He has a page on this.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens

Thanks Stan... I did find the website, and I will try that once I get some time...

I didn't have any Sailor cartridges, I prefer bottled ink, so I ordered some. While they are on the way, I found a easy way to use the pen...a Pelikan short cartridge and a bit of tissue paper. The Pelikan is just a hair short in diameter, so a bit of tissue fixes that. And it writes great!!

I just finished the first cartridge.No flow problem, no drying out. A beautiful fine Japanese semiflex nib mounted on a great pen body (slim, elegant..just the way I like it!).

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Sas

Just curiosity on my part, but would the Sailor Chalana converter not work in the Hoscal?

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thanks..

I wanted to ask, if you know how much a sailor hoscal is currently worth, I can find any info anywhere, I have a black hoscal with gold trim, the nib says 14kt sailor jis 2 and the numbers 104 at the end. If you or anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Assuming NEW condition, a plain model with <2> FINE nib should go for about $50-60.

Unusual colors, gold fill or silver models go for more. MEDIUM, VERY FINE, and BROAD nibs add a premium.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens