What is a "Pix"?

cwnidog

OK, I give up - what is a "Pix"? I know to look for it on the underside of clips and now it's even shown up on the cap band of my new 149, but what in blue blazes is it?

What's so funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niksch

• BBailey

• cwnidog

• 1000km

PIX is the original name of a Montblanc push-mechanism pencil developed by a Mr Leistenschneider for a firm in Duesseldorf. MB obtained the rights to the the design and name in 1934. The first PIX was a pencil called the Volkspix and was the model 92. Pix pencils continued to be sold into the late 50s. [source: The Montblanc Diary, by Jens Roesler.]

PIX today is generally equated to a Montblanc trademark and is used on several products.

Eric

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

PIX is the original name of a Montblanc push-mechanism pencil developed by a Mr Leistenschneider for a firm in Duesseldorf. MB obtained the rights to the the design and name in 1934. The first PIX was a pencil called the Volkspix and was the model 92. Pix pencils continued to be sold into the late 50s. [source: The Montblanc Diary, by Jens Roesler.]

PIX today is generally equated to a Montblanc trademark and is used on several products.

Eric

We GOTTA get this pinned.:roflmho:

We GOTTA get this pinned.

Roger that. I did a search on NIKSCH, and found a previous response of mine. I noticed my MB piston post got pinned, so I think I'm going to develop a FAQ-like 146 post and request it be pinned too.

Edited by niksch

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

That's an excellent idea, thank you. You must get bored reciting the same stuff over and over for the rest of us. Maybe you would be so kind to start a thread soliciting possible questions for the FAQ?

I noticed my MB piston post got pinned, so I think I'm going to develop a FAQ-like 146 post and request it be pinned too.

Edited by 1000km

Thanks All for the answers/input.

A pencil, gee who'd a thunk?

What's so funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks All for the answers/input.

A pencil, gee who'd a thunk?

It would be helpful to have a pinned post of the common questions newbies have regarding MB. I was just about to ask the same question, "What is PIX?" when I came across this thread.

My next question is what is MOP? mellow.gif

"God's not interested in operating a brownie-point system - he's only interested in loving and forgiving those who are brave enough not to deny what they've done. . . brave enough to be truly sorry, brave enough to resolve to make a fresh start in serving him as well as they possibly can" Susan Howatch

doh.gif So simple, but if you are not familiar its like trying to figure out LOL when that first started!

Thanks

"God's not interested in operating a brownie-point system - he's only interested in loving and forgiving those who are brave enough not to deny what they've done. . . brave enough to be truly sorry, brave enough to resolve to make a fresh start in serving him as well as they possibly can" Susan Howatch

• 3 weeks later...

"PIX today is generally equated to a Montblanc trademark and is used on several products"

In some European countries PIX has come to mean any ballpoint or mechanical pencil with the origin of the word forgotten. In Romania, which was a ally of Germany in WW2 this usage prevails today.