What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

Here is a hideously-photographed sample of my writing with a Parker Vector. I seldom write the most interesting pen-testing tales, so the text is simply copied from a book on the English Language.

JonA

Very lovely!

"When a man is tired of pens, he is tired of life." - Stephen Overbury

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." - Proverbs 25:11

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

This thread is full of great handwriting samples, some are simply stunning :)

Here's something from me - fragment of my 'lyrics' notebook:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9021/p8073296.jpg

And some math :) (old notes):

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1184/p8073295.jpg

The pen is probably WM Carene with F nib and Noodler's Polar Black.

It may not be perfect but I'm trying my best adn it's still way better than my old handwriting :)

Edited by olifant

Hi.

This is a sample of my daily handwriting. It gets a bit neater if I'm concentrating. I haven't studied handwriting at all, so I'm sure it looks terrible, but it's legible.

http://www.malweth.net/forum_imgs/Scan_Pic0002_(Medium).jpg

The source is the notebook I'm using for my thesis. It is a LAMY Safari, with EF nib and Noodler's Eternal Fox Red. The scanner is new, and the color doesn't look true.

so many excellent samples here ! I just love this thread !

Absolutely! I check this thread frequently to see the new additions. All are unique, and I love this sharing of handwriting styles.

Mrs. Higginbothom, my 5th grade teacher, the year would have been 1961, guided her students through penmanship practice every day.

She was using the Palmer method and we had workbooks to write in and also practiced on our regular tablet paper.

I loved the cursive handwriting practice even though Mrs. H. would come by my desk to critique my writing, She said things like, " you are not making those loops tall enough", or "you must completely close the circle", or "slant your page so your writing will show a pleasing slant".

I enjoyed making rows upon rows of upward loops, imagining myself sitting on the tip of the pencil, it was like a roller coaster ride, up, up, around and then suddenly plunging below the lines, the most exhilarating ride was upon the lower case letter f.

I loved penmanship practice, it was far better suited to my whimsy and imagination than mathematics; Oh Please, let us practice longer, I do not want to do long division!

I have never varied far from the method/form I was taught. I would like, when I retire and have more time for whimsy, to learn other forms. There are so many beautiful stylesl

Edited by kathleen

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

Your handwriting is beautiful, Kathleen. You were obviously very well taught. That style of Spencerian/Palmer is very pleasing when well done and yours is elegant, flowing, rhythmic. Gorgeous!

May I ask what pen and ink you used for the sonnet: it looks a lovely green.

Hetty

Example of my handwriting. Parker Sonnet Cisele pen - I've ground the nib down to a medium Italic. Ink is noodlers 'bad belted kingfisher' and the paper is just standard index card. Comments, tips, criticisms welcome.

post-32175-032282300 1281431179.jpg

Example of my handwriting. Parker Sonnet Cisele pen - I've ground the nib down to a medium Italic. Ink is noodlers 'bad belted kingfisher' and the paper is just standard index card. Comments, tips, criticisms welcome.

Love it. Great ink selection btw, that shading is great.

In permanent denial

post-32175-032282300 1281431179.jpg

Wow! Your handwriting is amazing. I like the ink too. :thumbup:

One of the few and proud 16 year old FPN users.

My favorite fountain pens in my collection:

Parker 51 (cedar blue, vacumatic, 0.9mm Cursive Italic)

Waterman 52 (Black Chased Hard Rubber, SuperFlex .2mm to 2.0mm)

Conklin Crescent 25 (Black Chased Hard Rubber, Wetnoodle .3mm to 2.5mm)

Diamond P.P. Combo Pen (Orange, Flexible Fine, 1.1mm Graphite)

Pelikan M200 (Black, M400 Condor Nib)

Waterman Carene (Deluxe Blue, Medium)

Omas 360 (Black w/ Rhodium Trim, Medium)

What a fun thread! Here's my pitiful contribution...

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/45754/2566832250034891748S600x600Q85.jpg

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

The quality of my writing varies a lot, and I don't know what causes the variability.

There are rare occasions where I really like how it looks, but usually, I try to just be happy with the pen and ink- and try to ignore the output. ;)

http://www.gergyor.com/fpn/gregamckinney_writing-sample.jpg

greg

Speaking for myself, I like the writing. It shows individuality. Your lower-case "a's" remind me of my father's.

"Who speaks to the instincts speaks to the deepest in mankind and finds the readiest response."-- Amos Bronson Alcott

I know that you haven't asked for comments, but I feel impelled to make a simple suggestion that would absolutely transform your writing. IMO you are producing strong, personal, attractive handwriting but it's incredibly cramped!

If you leave a blank line in between each line of writing, the difference will be instant and quite marked. At the moment, all your descenders and ascenders are fighting for space and constantly colliding with the lettering above and below! You have nice writing and it seems a shame not to let it breathe! Have a look at the post from insaecula, and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry, I'll shut up now! :embarrassed_smile:

caliken

Edited by caliken

I know that you haven't asked for comments, but I feel impelled to make a simple suggestion that would absolutely transform your writing. IMO you are producing strong, personal, attractive handwriting but it's incredibly cramped!

If you leave a blank line in between each line of writing, the difference will be instant and quite marked. At the moment, all your descenders and ascenders are fighting for space and constantly colliding with the lettering above and below! You have nice writing and it seems a shame not to let it breathe! Have a look at the post from insaecula, and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry, I'll shut up now! :embarrassed_smile:

caliken

I certainly welcome comments! And how interesting yours are! That never occurred to me. In fact, if you asked me, I'd say I like college ruled paper better than a wider rule - though I don't know why I think that.

I'll try your suggestion and see what I think. Thank you! (And thank you for the kind words about my writing!)

Regards,

Sheila

Edited by SheilaM

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

Here is a hideously-photographed sample of my writing with a Parker Vector. I seldom write the most interesting pen-testing tales, so the text is simply copied from a book on the English Language.

JonA

elegant. beautiful.

I'll try your suggestion and see what I think. Thank you! (And thank you for the kind words about my writing!)

You're welcome.....and remember to post the result!

caliken

Edited by caliken

What a fun thread! Here's my pitiful contribution...

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/45754/2566832250034891748S600x600Q85.jpg

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: Palatino Linotype'> <br><b><i><a href="http://pen.guide" target="_blank">Check out THE PEN THAT TEACHES HANDWRITING </a></span></strong></em></span></a><br><br><br><a href="

target="_blank">Video of the SuperStyluScripTipTastic Pen in action