FS: Montblanc 144

indigirl

You may have seen my post on the Montblanc forum asking for advice about selling this pen. Full emotional(!) details of its provenance are there, but the essential details are as follows:

I received this pen from Montblanc in trade for a vintage pen they said they couldn't repair. (I didn't know any better at the time... hence all the weeping in my other post!) They said this pen had been used in photo shoots so could no longer be sold as brand new. They sent it to me w/ a couple of cartridges; I went out & bought a converter at the nearest Montblanc counter, not knowing at the time that converters are pretty much all the same :rolleyes:

I did not like (& still don't like) the firmness of the nib, but someone told me I should write with it as much as possible & it would "wear in" to be some magical wonderful thing. This never happened, obviously. After that first several months of diligent writing, I set it aside & would occasionally take it out to ink it up for another try. Still never clicked w/ it & would prefer to sell it & use the proceeds for something vintage & flexible, much more my thing.

Possible issues: Some *very* light scuffing especially on the cap -- I didn't notice it until I looked for flaws, but folks looking to buy might consider it. Or maybe I just don't know how to polish it?! The (fine) nib has a little dark mark on it, which I don't know how to clean off or how to tell if it can be cleaned off. The gold ring just by the nib has a couple of tiny rough spots on its inner edge; I don't know if those were always there or what.

Other than that, it works, it looks nice & shiny, but I have never seen another one to compare it to & I can't call myself knowing much about fountain pens in general, or Montblancs in particular.

Anyway, based upon an even split in opinion about the value of this pen $150 vs. $200, I am asking $175 or best offer, plus shipping. Paypal.

Feel free to PM w/ questions, but go easy on me, I'm a newbie! :embarrassed_smile:

post-33145-1249688524.jpg

post-33145-1249688494.jpg

post-33145-1249688554.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• indigirl

• zquilts

• nchov

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My heart goes out to you.

I had the same experience 18 years ago. That Sheaffer pen was from the 1960s.

I got a entry level stainless steel FP instead.

Good luck with this sale.

Terry

Someone asked for the paperwork on this pen, so here is a scan. Adding insult to injury they butchered my name on there too! :rolleyes:

Sorry it's a little cut off at the right... only missing some zeros...

post-33145-1250012975_thumb.jpg