Swishmix Burgundy review

Stephen-I-am

I thought I'd add a review of Swishmix burgundy, and ink that I just received. As with other Swishmix inks, this one flows well, is nicely saturated, and is waterproof. A keeper.

Stephen

Edit: I noticed that there is another review of burgundy, but with the dreaded 'user posted image'.

post-786-1187380308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stephen-I-am

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephen-I-am

• Tricia

• saintsimon

• rroossinck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great, Stephen! On my screen, it looks just like the blackberry color I was shooting for when I mixed vintage Quink Red and Waterman Black. Called it "Quinkerman Blackberry," and it was a nice color for a while. It seems to have degraded itself a bit to a more muted brownish/rust, though. Oh well...I'll use it and then go back to the drawing board.

Still using that Optima?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Looks great, Stephen! On my screen, it looks just like the blackberry color...

Still using that Optima?

The color in the scan is a very good match for real life. I've had this nice color scanner at work all along and never known it!

Yep, I still have the optima. It has since been ground to a stub and is working well.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen-I-am

Current Favorite Inks

Thanks for posting the sample image -- what a nice color and shading.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

While I wouldn't slander this lovely ink, something to keep in mind is that it dries on the nib within a day in many of my pens. But I keep a flask of water next to my desk for the sole purpose of lightly dipping the nib in to get it started again. I also acquired Lakeshore Spruce and Glacier Blue, and I have less drying-on-the-nib with these inks. I read that many of the quick-drying inks dry quicker than others; maybe this is one of them?

Thanks for the scan.

Edited by Melnicki

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

Thanks for this. :) Very nice. It looks bit like that new J Herbin Cassis that's supposed to be coming out soon. I'm like you, though, in that I love the waterproof quality of the Swisher ink. I have a bottle sitting on my shelf awaiting the perfect pen (which I'm pretty sure will arrive next week from Pam Braun - a Pelikan M625 in red! :wub:).

Btw, I don't quite understand the implied horror of "user posted image." Sorry for being a bit dense. It's late and I'm tired, but what did you mean?

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

Btw, I don't quite understand the implied horror of "user posted image." Sorry for being a bit dense. It's late and I'm tired, but what did you mean?

"user posted image" is the automatic placeholder text in this forum for an image that is no longer accessible via the hyperlink put in by the author. Image gone, information lost ...

Thanks for the scan, Stephen. It's a gorgeous colour.

Neil

[FPN ACCOUNT ABANDONED. I AM NO LONGER ACTIVE HERE, BUT AM SADLY UNABLE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND DELETE MY POSTS.]

Lots of times you'll look up an ink review, only to find that the picture used in the review came from an offsite link like photobucket that no longer works, so all you have is text discussing an image that is no longer there. The safest thing is to upload the image on the FPN itself.

Good luck with your M625. That size range of Pelikan is perfect for me.

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

"user posted image" is the automatic placeholder text in this forum for an image that is no longer accessible via the hyperlink put in by the author. Image gone, information lost ...

Ahh, thanks. Now I understand. I kept thinking it had to do with bad scanning habits. :rolleyes:

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

Lots of times you'll look up an ink review, only to find that the picture used in the review came from an offsite link like photobucket that no longer works, so all you have is text discussing an image that is no longer there. The safest thing is to upload the image on the FPN itself.

Good luck with your M625. That size range of Pelikan is perfect for me.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen. Like I said, I was being dense...

And to my surprise and delight, my M625 arrived today! It's even more beautiful than I expected. Now all I have to do is rinse it a bit (I do that with all my new pens prior to inking them) and then fill it with Swisher burgundy. Gorgeous ink in a gorgeous pen! :cloud9:

I appreciate the review - it helped me decide what ink to use first in my new Pelikan.

So just where does one find this Noodlers / Swishmix?? I got a vial of the burgandy a while back from the vial trade and I really like it, but I have never seen the "Swishmix" inks sold anywhere?? What gives? :unsure:

“If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.” ~Dr. Haim Ginott

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/PostcardBadge.png http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

My Website

So just where does one find this Noodlers / Swishmix?? I got a vial of the burgandy a while back from the vial trade and I really like it, but I have never seen the "Swishmix" inks sold anywhere?? What gives? :unsure:

You will find the at swisherpens