Has This Happened To You?

djpyle

So there I was going about my business, getting ready to refill my Edison Pearl with my favorite brown ink (Noodler's Golden Brown), when I came across a box in my ink drawer that I didn't realize I owned. I stared down at the top flap for a long time, thinking I had gone insane. Or more insane than usual. Kiowa Pecan, it said. No, I said, I don't have that. Apparently you do, it said. So I opened it up, figuring it must have been mislabeled—I've gotten mislabeled Noodler's boxes in the past—but I'll be hogtied and left till morning if there wasn't a bottle of Kiowa Pecan in there. I have no idea where or when I got it, but I know I've been wanting to try it out for a long time. Score!?

This led me to a couple of conclusions:

1) I need better brain medicine. :unsure:

and

2) I guess I need to go through the rest of my inks and see what else might magically appear! :ninja:

Needless to say I'm very pleased (blackout-ink-buying episode aside). I'm just glad I didn't buy a second bottle not realizing I already had one. Although, now that I've had a chance to test it, a second bottle wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It's a great ink!

So has this ever happened to anyone else? Ever bought something and forgot about it until you discovered it among your things one day?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• djpyle

• ravantra

• JefferyS

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, no. I've never ordered and/or bought anything without opening it up immediately just to check out that it is/was the real McCoy. That doesn't mean that I'm sane, however.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Hi,

If that were to happen, I'd consider it an act of 'stealth gifting' by a visitor or shift responsibility to the Ink Putti . . .

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Usually when the elves visit my home at night, I find a house full of shoes in the morning. I'll have to talk to them about leaving ink instead. Thanks for the heads up!

Not with ink because I always immediately try it. But I have found pencils I've forgotten about. two mechanical pencils NOS grey d200 and grey phileas. The Phil really surprised me because I knew I'd thought about buying it but didn't realize I had. The Pelikan was a matter of being told I was buying a green one only to discover it was gray (much preferred actually) so I stashed it because I couldn't bear to use it.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Unfortunately, no. I don't have enough ink for that to happen.

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

Finding the bottle of ink is similar to finding $20 in last winters jacket, a nice surprise!

Edited by ravantra

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

I have had that happened to me. The drawer opens (I call it drawer, others call it elevator) and there it is: a pen I didn't own before. Sadly, it usually is a cheap and ugly pen, but one time I found a ballpoint meisterstuck, another time I found a cross matrix and a steadler rapidograph.

What usually happens to me is that I forgot I had bid on something on eBay and several days latter, turns out I win, but I ignore the emails and then, when my mind has forgotten about that business, I find a mysterious package in my mailbox (we can call it drawer as well).

It feels like a gift.

Edited by Geo7700

Yes, it occurred with ... Kiowa Pecan.

Back in 2011, I wanted some Galileo Manuscript, but it wasn't generally available. So I asked the FPNers if they had a suggestion of something similar to Galileo Manuscript, and one person suggested Kiowa Pecan. I ordered it, put it in my Noodler's drawer, and forgot about it until a month ago

Edited by Jeffery Smith

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Back in 2011, I wanted some Galileo Manuscript, but it wasn't generally available. So I asked the FPNers if they had a suggestion of something similar to Galileo Manuscript, and one person suggested Kiowa Pecan. I ordered it, put it in my Noodler's drawer, and forgot about it until a month ago

Maybe Nathan should consider a new term. We had waterproof. Then bulletproof. Now…memoryproof!

Maybe Nathan should consider a new term. We had waterproof. Then bulletproof. Now…memoryproof!

Instead of disappearing ink, it's reappearing ink.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

This happened to me with DVDs. I am a huge movie buff and back in the early 2000s I used to spend probably $150 a month on average on DVDs. When I was organizing my DVDs a few months back I think I ran across 10-12 movies I owned duplicates of and another 10-12 DVDs that were still sealed.

So there I was going about my business, getting ready to refill my Edison Pearl with my favorite brown ink (Noodler's Golden Brown), when I came across a box in my ink drawer that I didn't realize I owned. I stared down at the top flap for a long time, thinking I had gone insane. Or more insane than usual. Kiowa Pecan, it said. No, I said, I don't have that. Apparently you do, it said. So I opened it up, figuring it must have been mislabeled—I've gotten mislabeled Noodler's boxes in the past—but I'll be hogtied and left till morning if there wasn't a bottle of Kiowa Pecan in there. I have no idea where or when I got it, but I know I've been wanting to try it out for a long time. Score!?

This led me to a couple of conclusions:

1) I need better brain medicine. :unsure:

and

2) I guess I need to go through the rest of my inks and see what else might magically appear! :ninja:

Needless to say I'm very pleased (blackout-ink-buying episode aside). I'm just glad I didn't buy a second bottle not realizing I already had one. Although, now that I've had a chance to test it, a second bottle wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It's a great ink!

So has this ever happened to anyone else? Ever bought something and forgot about it until you discovered it among your things one day?

Hasn't happened to me, but thanks for the chuckle! :roflmho:

I've had it happen (with inks and DVDs too). D'oh!

Now I keep a spreadsheet of my inks which I >try< to remember to check before I put in an order.

Finding the bottle of ink is similar to finding $20 in last winters jacket, a nice surprise!

lol -- I deliberately leave money in clothes I don't use often because it's such a great feeling when this happens; like a little pick-me-up to my future self.

That's what happens when you leave the inks alone in there all by themselves, they start multiplying. Unfortunately, you don't get a choice in the offspring, you were just lucky this time. :)

Closest thing to that that happens to me is when I order things in the middle of the night and get a surprise package a few days later. :embarrassed_smile:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

It could be a gag. Maybe? I went to a party, once, and trashed the place with golf balls. They are still finding them, years later. I once horse sat for someone for a couple of weeks. When I left, there was a poem stuck to the bottom of nearly everything in the house: lamps, pots and pans, canned goods, rifle stocks, etc. There was even one written in the bottom of the toilet bowl, under the water. That was ten years ago; they are still finding them.

Can a calculator understand a cash register?