Waterman Floria Blue ink

superfly

Today I've picked up some Waterman's Florida Blue ink (and a Parker black Quink)...

But, on the outer cardboard package, there is a typo on the tittle. It says "FLORIA BLUE INK" the "D" is missing. A ripoff or a typo??? Anyone else has one of these, sure-to-become-collectors-items misspelled bottles?

Nenad

p.s. The ink writes fine, with a tone similar to Parker's blue Quink...

life is nothing if you're not obsessed.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Wright

• Chris

• fjf

• Kalessin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed that on one of my boxes, too. The bottle inside have the correct spelling, though.

TMann

Keep those boxes handy they are sure to become collectibles!

My two boxes are regular Florida Blue, drat!

:lol:

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

But, on the outer cardboard package, there is a typo on the tittle. It says "FLORIA BLUE INK" the "D" is missing.

Just checked my box and it has the typo :) I've had that ink for about eight months and I never noticed.

Just checked my box and it has the typo :) I've had that ink for about eight months and I never noticed.

Mine too!. Gosh, I'm gona be rich!! :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

Sometime last week I noticed that all the boxes of the stuff at Bob Slate stationer in Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA, USA) were Floria Blue on the box, as is the bottle that I bought from them a month or so ago. I wonder if they changed box suppliers or something.

It's very odd to see a misspelling on this kind of packaging. Of course, they probably put out 25,000 bottles with the misspelling, so they won't be worth anything on eBay in fifteen years...

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

It's very odd to see a misspelling on this kind of packaging. Of course, they probably put out 25,000 bottles with the misspelling, so they won't be worth anything on eBay in fifteen years...

Well, the boxes have been going out for decades with everything OK. So who *really* proofreads the stuff in the big letters? :doh: :sick: :bonk:

Michael

who has been there, done that, and still wakes up in the night with the thought of it

My box also is of Floria Blue - If I keep it for 150 years or so and the other tens of thousands of misspelled boxes have long been recycled, then I'll be rich!

Or perhaps it is le French nom por l'encre and has nothing to do with the US state of a similar name :lol:

Chris

Edited by Chris