Montblanc Oyster Grey

Michael R.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOysterGreyBottleII.jpg

Since two of the new ink colors are available in German Montblanc boutiques I have posted a review of the Oyster Grey here: Ink Reviews

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOysterGreyBottle.jpg

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Michael R.

• shrinknib

• Wael El-Dasher

now I get how a montblanc jar works :headsmack:

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

Cool colour!! And nice bottle. Is this a new design MB ink bottle? Thanks for sharing Michael.

p/s nice MB unicef u got there..

I agree the new bottle is very nice.

Thank you Michael for sharing your ink review!

Can you tell us anything about the shades of green that MB is coming out with?

Matt

I cannot wait to put it in my 149 medium! As I mentioned in the review thread, I think this can be used at work, because it's conservative, yet it will be much more fun to use, because it's not a standard black or blue. Cheers

Can you tell us anything about the shades of green that MB is coming out with?

Matt

Many thanks for your nice comment.

All I know about a new green I know from the Irish Green discussion here at FPN... :hmm1:

The MB booklet which comes with the ink does not list a green ink:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBINK.jpg

Michael

Just read the review on this ink and I think its one to get.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Burgundy red? :hmm1:

Bye bye Bordeaux, I guess?

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

I'm guessing they're the same, just like Midnight blue = current BB.

I'm guessing the only new ones are the Oyster & Toffee and possibly the lavender.

The lavender purple is a mystery. It should be the current violet since the violet is quite recent, but the current violet is nothing like lavender.

Too bad there isn't a green, but I'm guessing green is not a popular fp ink color outside our circles.

Edited by Blade Runner

I'm guessing the only new ones are the Oyster & Toffee and possibly the lavender.

The lavender purple is a mystery. It should be the current violet since the violet is quite recent, but the current violet is nothing like lavender.

Too bad there isn't a green, but I'm guessing green is not a popular fp ink color outside our circles.

:yikes: There's no green!

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

Really nice Signature for Good pen by the way! And the extra gold at the cap does give it a passing resemblance to the Voltaire.

:yikes: There's no green!

Well, if it has to be a new green, specifically to be called Irish green, this is a test of color compared to other green Montblanc made by the forero Droopydog500, and even now it is possible to see the new ink Irish Green with the link that puts this in another thread Subforums titled new bottle of ink, especially on this link: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http://www.flickr.com/photos/droopydog/sets/72157622858816695/&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhg0mZ9uLj-uWm2HV7kyjRJR9TF_KA

It seems quite clear that there is this green in the new production line of ink Montblanc, we'll just wait a little to see in our stores always Montblanc. Greetings comrades.

Strange that the Irish Green being discussed is not on the list contained in the new ink bottle?

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

Looks better than MB black at any rate, I bet in a 'wet-writing' pen it would be closer to solid black with a little shading - like Pelikan 4001 or Waterman black.

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

• 2 months later...

I just got this ink and really like it. It is interesting, understated, and elegant. It's not a standard work color, but it could pass for a light black, so I can use it at work. It looks best in a wetter writer to show off the grey and have it in a 149 medium. And the new bottle is gorgeous. Cheers.

I just got this ink and really like it.

I'm glad you like this ink. How do you rate the ink flow?

First I was a little sceptical about it; it really matters what pen I use this ink in.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I find the flow about average to slightly dry. Besides the choice of pen paper color is of course something to consider for this ink. Oyster grey doesn't shout for attention, and it's not for those who like vibrant colors, but I like it because it serves a calm, unusual, and understated role. Jeen

I just got this ink and really like it. It is interesting, understated, and elegant. It's not a standard work color, but it could pass for a light black, so I can use it at work. It looks best in a wetter writer to show off the grey and have it in a 149 medium. And the new bottle is gorgeous. Cheers.

This answers my question about using this ink at work. Maybe I should try some.

Is the new Midnight Blue permanent too? I'll bet FPN member MidnightBlue will be stocking up on this color!

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

I like the colour, bit like a washed out black. Not sure about the oyster?????

I especially like the bottles and may start buying these up just to transfer my visconti ink into them!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)