New Ink Bottle Pictures

Soulmaker1

Found these at another MB forum:

Here are some pics from another MB forum. Credit goes to thi_sal for the pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/mbINK.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/P1040453-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/P1040439.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/P1040440.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/P1040448.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/adriancol/P1040449.jpg

Edited by Adrian Collins

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hollyuk

• Blade Runner

• FrankB

• PenTieRun

Thanks for posting these photos, Adrian! I'm relieved to see that Montblanc honored the integrity of the boot. As much as I will miss Racing Green, I am looking forward to seeing what the new ink colors will look like.

thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thanks for sharing - I didn't know there were other MB forums. I quite like the new look - sometimes we all just have to move on. Am very interested in what the new colours look like. Perhaps there will be some new favourites there.

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

Thanks for sharing, nice looking bottle.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Thanks for posting this. Hmmmm. A more squared design with a more shallow cut out at the bottom. I would have thought the cut out would be much more pronounced, similar to the last two iterations of their older design when they made the reservoir deeper. Does anyone else see this as an improvement or simply a new design?

I like the new shape of the bottle cap but I'm not sure whether I like the new squarer look of the actual bottle.

Is it 10ml larger than the old style (60ml vs 50ml)?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Just waiting on some colour samples now folks ....

Who will be the first to get some new ink I wonder?

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

I like the ink, has class and supports a good ink capacity, while remaining as functional as the previous one.

Among the new inks will appear to include a new green, which may be called Irish Green, anyone I can confirm the inclusion of this new green ink Montblanc between the imminent appearance. Greetings.

I like the box and cap and think I like the squarish body shape. Still looks wider at the back end which will make them still not line up really well next to each other.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thanks for sharing.

I don't dislike the new design, but I am not sure that I like it either. Will have to see it in person.

Thanks for posting this. Hmmmm. A more squared design with a more shallow cut out at the bottom. I would have thought the cut out would be much more pronounced, similar to the last two iterations of their older design when they made the reservoir deeper. Does anyone else see this as an improvement or simply a new design?

I see it as a poorer design...

I want to thank you for the photos, too. I have been very curious about the new bottles.

The new bottle does not look too bad. I really do not have strong emotions one way or the other. I am concerned that the front cut out appears shallow. I will have to use one of the bottles to see how it performs.

It all depends on the depth of the well directly beneath the cap. If the well is deep enough to fully immerse my pens' nibs, after the remaining ink in an almost empty bottle is tipped into that well, then the new bottle is fine.

Fred

The nice thing I noticed about the new ink bottles is that they're flat-sided and rectangular. It

makes it easy to get to the last bit of ink in the bottle by propping up the front of the "shoe"

and not have the bottle roll around.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

I haven't formed a feeling towards the new design yet, though I am so glad to finally get a chance to see what it is like been too too curious lately..!!

When are they supposed to hit the shelves? I am guessing they are starting to already just wondering when they will arrive in slower markets like here..