Pilot Iroshizuku : Autumn Inks

Phthalo

Posted this on my blog a couple of weeks back, but neglected to add it here!

The lovely Autumn range from Pilot, plus comparions:

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/ink/Iroshizuku-04.jpg

I *love* this range - Tsukushi is GORGEOUS and Fuyu-Gaki is an instant fave for hardcopy markup!

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tawanda

• Akumar

• Phthalo

• Neill78

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this on my blog a couple of weeks back, but neglected to add it here!

The lovely Autumn range from Pilot, plus comparions:

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/ink/Iroshizuku-04.jpg

I *love* this range - Tsukushi is GORGEOUS and Fuyu-Gaki is an instant fave for hardcopy markup!

I see that Iroshizuku inks have become very popular in recent times inspite of their being so expensive. I have the kon peki.

"............. society imposes insults that must be borne, comforted by the knowledge that in this world there comes a time when the most humble of men, if he keeps his eyes open, can take his revenge upon the most powerful."

====== Don Corleone

Thank you for lovely swatches............makes me want to rush out and buy them all again!!

Yes, I have them - and love them!!!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Im desperate to get my hands on a sample of the Yama Guri. To buy it here in the UK means a fortune in international shipping. Would anyone be prepared to send me a thimbleful, please?

Thanks

Tawanda

eddited four pore speeling

Edited by tawanda

Im desperate to get my hands on a sample of the Yama Guri. To buy it here in the UK means a fortune in international shipping. Would anyone be prepared to send me a thimbleful, please?

Thanks

Tawanda

eddited four pore speeling

I want to kick these postal people they would not accept liquids otherwise I would have shipped gladly.

"............. society imposes insults that must be borne, comforted by the knowledge that in this world there comes a time when the most humble of men, if he keeps his eyes open, can take his revenge upon the most powerful."

====== Don Corleone

perhaps they are not to blame either. The world is not as safe as it used to be.

====== Don Corleone

Thank you, Laura. I assumed it was a paint brush of some kind/was not sure of the paper.

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

Thanks for posting these! I noticed JetPens just added them recently, and I was trying to decide which brown to go with. I was leaning toward Yama-Guri, but I think I really want Tsukushi.

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

Ordered from Jetpens and just in time too. As I finished my order and went back to the main inks page,

some of the browns were marked sold out.

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

Thanks for posting these! I noticed JetPens just added them recently, and I was trying to decide which brown to go with. I was leaning toward Yama-Guri, but I think I really want Tsukushi.

The Tsukushi is just beautiful..........imagine the shiniest auburn hair.........I use it in my Pelikan M1000 with a BB stub nib and it is delicious.........brown with definite reddish undertones, and great shading! The other brown is really brown - if you want dark brown with no undertones.

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

{Quote} The other brown is really brown - if you want dark brown with no undertones.

Chris - That's exactly what I want! Something similar to Noodler's Walnut that is not semi-permanent, with no red in it. But shipping to the UK is actually more than the cost of a bottle of the stuff. Its crazy!

They have really captured the Japanese fall colours perfectly! Makes me long for a nice soft kaki (persimmon) again... even though I don't like them that much. I will definitely have to get my hands on those browns. Gorgeous!

Neill

Oh, how I wish to get my hands on those browns!

Guess I need to start seasonal ink budgeting now.

Neill78: well, you could always go for kaki (oyster) instead. It took me an age to remember the proper intonation for each, and many amusing confusions in the meantime.

Smile, breathe, and go slowly | Radio Solitude

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-P4Xq_YQhc4/Sq6NKbfbs1I/AAAAAAAAAKA/dhsFrK9lALw/s800/Seal-GBEnso-100x93.png

Neill78: well, you could always go for kaki (oyster) instead. It took me an age to remember the proper intonation for each, and many amusing confusions in the meantime.

What colour would that be? A fishy grey-cream with strong lubrication? Have to remember to leave the cap on tight and store it in the fridge?

I always tell my students not to concern themselves with intonation until they actually go to Japan -- they could master the Tokyo dialect and then end up in Kansai where everything is the exact opposite!