More Montegrappa News

Bryant

So, I'm sure you know Kenro picked up this brand. One thing to be noted... After talking with them today and yesterday I have been informed that the MSRP on all the pens with the exception of a few are all going down. In some cases 40%

Just for example the Large Privilege Deco Fountain pen retail price went from $840 to $650. Not all the pens took this much decrease and some took more, but there are some great deals to be had on regular and limited editions as a start off with Kenro... I will have more details tomorrow and Monday after I actually get some ordering done with them.

These MSRP prices will not go into effect with all retailers right at once, but soon your favorite retailer will offer these prices. Its exciting to see the brand possibly become a little more user friendly...

Bry

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bryant

• Ghost Plane

• Kamiyashi

• fuchsiaprincess

I believe Joon Pens of New York is having a Montegrappa sale at 40% off of all existing stock minus LEs. Sounds like a good time to scoop up an Italian pen...

(BTW, no affiliation, etc)

PRAG

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

Wow, what fantastic news and thanks for passing along the news! Maybe I'll be able to finally pick one up at the DC show...

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

... that the MSRP on all the pens with the exception of a few are all going down. ..Its exciting to see the brand possibly become a little more user friendly...

Bry

This is the first time I see a de-MB-ization of a FP brand, while all the other lemmings go MB. :thumbup:

Bryant, I'll be having surgery Monday - don't you DARE go and sell any B nibbed Montegrappa on special without me! :blink:

Bryant, I'll be having surgery Monday - don't you DARE go and sell any B nibbed Montegrappa on special without me! :blink:

I will try not too!!!

But I get to get a broad nib on the Eternal Bird that I have wanted forever... Its a crazy pen, but for the prices they have right now, I can actually justify the price and they are throwing in the inkwell for free into the price!!! :headsmack: The inkwell retails for 1200!!! Its Crazy stuff... Like, buy a fountain pen... Get a ball pen! I personally will be stocking up for winter!

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

@GhostPlane: Good luck with the surgery! I hope it all goes well and a speedy recovery!

@Bryant: What are the odds of the Modigliani coming down in price?

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

Wow, great news -- be a bit of time before I'll be looking at one, got some other pens to pay for first.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

FWIW, I was talking to Ed at Fountain Pen Hospital earlier in the week, and he confirmed that 1) new Montegrappa orders (at least some of them) won't ship to the customer until around September, and 2) the prices are going down significantly.

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Bryant wrote:

" ... After talking with them today and yesterday I have been informed that the MSRP on all the pens with the exception of a few are all going down. In some cases 40%. ..."

:blink: Really? :blink:

This is great news! I might even buy a Montegrappa pen at that rate.

Ghost Plane: Good luck with the surgery. I promise to stay away from any B nib Montegrappas Bryant might sell.

It's minor outpatient. Won't deprive ANY of us for too long, hopefully.

I'm drooling after the Apollo 11 in the biggest nib they've got, myself. Remember watching it as a kid on the beach on someone's battery powered B/W TV set. Then have family connections to Apollo 15. So it'd mean something besides being absolutely gorgeous. :cloud9:

@GhostPlane: Good luck with the surgery! I hope it all goes well and a speedy recovery!

@Bryant: What are the odds of the Modigliani coming down in price?

Funny you mention that... I was trying not to make this a sale post, but shoot me an email... Yes, it went down, and there is a great deal with it... I mean... Just silly really...

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Funny you mention that... I was trying not to make this a sale post, but shoot me an email... Yes, it went down, and there is a great deal with it... I mean... Just silly really...

*sheepish* Sorry about that...I will do so, even if I'll probably come to regret it... :headsmack:

It's minor outpatient. Won't deprive ANY of us for too long, hopefully.

I'm glad to hear that it's a minor thing. I shall guard over the bold nibs in your brief absence. :bunny01:

I wonder if this price reduction will continue all around the world??!!

I'm in the UK and will be waiting in expectation!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Im not sure, its possible, I suppose depends on who is going to distribute the brand in the Uk...

Bry

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

So, I'm sure you know Kenro picked up this brand. One thing to be noted... After talking with them today and yesterday I have been informed that the MSRP on all the pens with the exception of a few are all going down. In some cases 40%.

Is that a "correction" of the Richemont markup? Getting rid of the "lost German years" stock? :)

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Easy solution - why don't you just order from Bryant? :thumbup:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Easy solution - why don't you just order from Bryant? :thumbup:

I guess its because we don't risk to pay custom when we buy within the EU.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****