Lamy Spirit Pencil

rcannonp

I'm curious to know if anyone out there is using one and what they think of it. I would like to get a a new pencil that is easier to carry around than my Koh-i-noors.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rcannonp

• feiye

• Randal6393

• r1chard

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't tried the Lamy Spirit but do have a lovely pencil by Caran d'Ache that I bought for $20.00 US. It's a 0.7mm cap-advance type. Small, efficient, and works well. M ade of metal and covered with a plasticized paint that has a nice feel. Fits into a pants pocket along with my Stypen UP and a small eraser. Ready for the day.

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

I was checking out the specs and noticed that the spirit is the same length as my Rapidomatic. I should probably just go get a Pilot G2 or something like that.

It's a stylish but super thin pencil. If you're used to something that thin, then it's a spectacular pencil otherwise it cramps the hand with long term use. Very well made and my favourite Lamy model.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/souveran/spirit.jpg

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

• 1 year later...