Do you have Delta pens ?

goodguy

I started to like Delta pens after I saw the Dolce Vita OS.I knew I had to have it and about a year later I bought it.

Indeed a great pen that I love to love,a great writer and a beautiful pen.

The second Delta pen I got was the Israel 60 LE.This is probably the most eye catching pen I have.It actualy is an even better writer then the DVOS.Its nib feels even more responsive and the curvy body makes the writing experience better.Oh and the lever filler is a nice added bonus (the only issue is its small ink capacity).

Delta makes lots of other gorgeous pens and as far as I know they are fantastic writers.

Do you have Delta pens and what are the models.

post-2027-1200677756_thumb.jpg

Respect to all

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• FrankB

• rogerb

• Ronin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 2 of them: Via Veneto (Red with gold trimming and med nib) and a Mini-trend that is hip and mod and a good kick around pen.

And the mini-trend I got in Lucca, Tuscany!

Great memories in a pen.

Uh huh Uh huh Dah Dah Dah

Wonderful pens you have there (and thanks for the link :thumbup: )

Won't be long before I get my first Delta. If there weren't such a big difference in pricing between the US and Europe I'd have at least one already.

Cheers,

Christian

It turns out that I like Delta pens very much. Thus far, I have five. A Dolce Vita O/S, a Dolce Vita "Soiree," a 365, an Isreal 50th LE, and a Bethlehem LE. Four of my Deltas have M nibs. The Soiree has a B nib as it appears Delta started using finer points on their pens sometime recently. I generally like italic or stub nibs, but my Delta nibs write so well from the factory that I hesitate to mess with them (to have them customized).

The sizes are also interesting. The O/S Dolce Vita is an artillery shell and I love it. The 365 and the two LE's are all slightly larger than a Pelikan M-1000, which is a size that I love. The Soiree is an odd duck. It is rather short, I suppose to facilitate carrying in a shirt pocket. But it has a wide diameter and a nice nib that is Pel M-800 or MB 146 sized. These sizes are not for everyone, I know, but they suit me very well.

All of my Deltas have written excellently out of the box. I have not had a lick of trouble with any of them.

(By the way, should this post not be in the Italian forum?)

As you know I have the 60th LE as well, and it's turning out to be an excellent writer. The line width of the F nib is PERFECT.

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” Voltaire

"'The French Soldier,' pronounced Rostopchin, 'has to be incited to battle by high-sounding phrases; the German must have it logically proved to him that it is more dangerous to run away than to advance; but the Russian soldier has to be held back, and urged to go slowly!'" War and Peace

I have the Delta Dolce Vitae twin desk set. Always within reach. Smooth reliable nib. Handsome base. I use it every day.

Ray

Atlanta, Georgia

Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with Richard Binder ItaliFine 0.9mm/F Nib

Faber Castell's Porsche Design with Gold & Stainless Mesh in Binderized CI Broad nib

Visconti LE Divina Proporzione in Gold with Binderized CI nib

David Oscarson Valhalla in gray (Thor) with Broad Binderized CI nib

Michel Perchin LE Blue Serpent (reviewed) with Binderized CI nib

Montblanc 149 in Medium Binderized CI nib

Montblanc Pope Julius II 888 Edition (reviewed) in Bold Binderized CI nib

It turns out that I like Delta pens very much. Thus far, I have five. A Dolce Vita O/S, a Dolce Vita "Soiree," a 365, an Isreal 50th LE, and a Bethlehem LE. Four of my Deltas have M nibs. The Soiree has a B nib as it appears Delta started using finer points on their pens sometime recently. I generally like italic or stub nibs, but my Delta nibs write so well from the factory that I hesitate to mess with them (to have them customized).

The sizes are also interesting. The O/S Dolce Vita is an artillery shell and I love it. The 365 and the two LE's are all slightly larger than a Pelikan M-1000, which is a size that I love. The Soiree is an odd duck. It is rather short, I suppose to facilitate carrying in a shirt pocket. But it has a wide diameter and a nice nib that is Pel M-800 or MB 146 sized. These sizes are not for everyone, I know, but they suit me very well.

All of my Deltas have written excellently out of the box. I have not had a lick of trouble with any of them.

(By the way, should this post not be in the Italian forum?)

I think a picture or two of your lovely pens is in order.

Respect to all

I only have one. Dolce Vita Medium filled with PR Chocolat and I've never had any trouble with it. Love it. Though I might buy the Stout version. Again.

Ronin

As you know I have the 60th LE as well, and it's turning out to be an excellent writer. The line width of the F nib is PERFECT.

If I wouldnt be so scared for the pen I would probably use it too.

But I'm a chicken :bawl:

Respect to all

• Dolce Vita Stout
  • Corona De Aragon
  • Fluida
  • Y2K
  • Europa
  • Planet

Aham ah picture please if posible too.

Respect to all

I have two. I have a blue Europa and a Animals Polar Bear both with medium nibs. They're nice enough but they don't rate as high as my Yard-o-led, Krones or Conway Stewart. To tell the truth I was considering getting rid of them.

I have a Delta Profili [red and silver] B nib

Passion [red, white stripe, black] B nib

Inuit LE B nib which I won on a lucky bid over Christmas.

They're nice pens, but I'd have to rate them behind my Yard O Led, Krone, Visconti and Marlen. Some of the B nibs are a little narrow for my preference and the pens are a hair too light for me, except for the Profili, which is too good a performer to ever part with.

Delta Inuit FP with a F nib. I like this pen. I find Delta pens a trifle thick for my small hands, so haven't bought any others at this point.

I had a Delta Alfa Romeo but sold it.

Debbie

Delta Inuit FP with a F nib. I like this pen. I find Delta pens a trifle thick for my small hands, so haven't bought any others at this point.

I had a Delta Alfa Romeo but sold it.

Debbie

Ah a fountain pen and Alfa Romeo.Two for the price of one.

I must get me one of those someday.

Respect to all

Just the Dolcevita Oversize. It's a wonderful pen. The nib is huge.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

My only Delta is a doozy: the LE they did for the Moresi pen shop in a gorgeous blue and gold celluloid. The pen is lovely, even if the lever-filler isn't the most practical of filling methods. One thing to love about Delta: their LE's have ebonite feeds. Best,

David

Dolce Vita OS

Planet Ocean (blue)

Indios LE

Lugdunum LE

I have four Delta's and love them all. When I bought the Lugdunum LE in 97, I liked it so much that I put away my OMASes and did not buy another pen for about five years. All of mine are broad nibs, except for the Indios (OB). I agree with Ghost Plane -- the Delta broads run a smidge narrower than the broads of other Italian manufacturers. They are great pens. Would that they would come out with a piston filler. They do everything else right.

Edited by Sazerac