Show us your Italians

RedRob

Wow, loving these collections. For someone who had an Italian surname for a while, not having an Italian pen in her collection is either an oversight or (something else). (I've got my eye on a Visconti. Maybe.)

I am loving (read: coveting) those safeties. I think it was Roberto's post. SahWEET!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sbroglia

• diplomat

• Deirdre

• AndreaDuni

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now have a small collection of 12 Italian Pens. Here they are:

post-4330-1208307985_thumb.jpg

Ancora Perla

post-4330-1208306900_thumb.jpg

Visconti Opera Club Cherry Blossom

post-4330-1208306918_thumb.jpg

Visconti Wall Street

post-4330-1208306946_thumb.jpg

Visconti Blue Pericles

post-4330-1208307270_thumb.jpg

Signum Orione

post-4330-1208307239_thumb.jpg

OMAS Ogiva

post-4330-1208307015_thumb.jpg

Krone Moderne in Blue Cellophane

post-4330-1208306989_thumb.jpg

Krone Boulder Thunderbird

post-4330-1208307004_thumb.jpg

Krone Daddy-O

post-4330-1208307208_thumb.jpg

Marlen XXI in .925 Sterling

post-4330-1208307317_thumb.jpg

Stipula Etruria Volterra LE - #73 of 193 Made Worldwide

post-4330-1208308402_thumb.jpg

And - YES - You didn't know this pen is Italian did you? It is a Sheaffer Valor - and the Valor is handcrafted in Italy so I am claiming it as Italian (albeit it is "Italian American") :roflmho: The gold ring on the cap is clearly engraved "ITALY".

Suprise!!!!!!!!!!

John

Krewalk.com

Edited by jkrewalk

Yeah I saw that pen on ebay and was tempted to buy it but was using the idea that...TOO good to be true then it must not be true. So I'm not sure whether to go back and see if I can buy one....How bad is the nib? Is there anyway to replace it? Just some ideas. Maybe you can replace it or something.

Looking at these pens I think there not so many Marlen around the world, are they?

<i><b><font size="4"><a href="http://www.duninet.com" target="_blank">Andrea Duni</a></font></b><br><font color="#696969">(ex Netnemo)</font></i><br><br><b>Join the FPN Groups on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/fountainpennetwork/" target="_blank">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/799587" target="_blank">LinkedIn</a></b>

One year back, if someone would told me that I will post pen pictures on an internet forum, I would have laughed at him. Now ...

Here is my and my girlfriends collection (davidv7 & shushtica):

post-8390-1208609854_thumb.jpg

Visconti Pericle 2001 - smooth as it gets ...

post-8390-1208609936_thumb.jpg

Omas 360 Mezzo (violet is my girlfriend's, the blue is mine). This pen has a unique mechanism for loading cartridges. Mine is the smoothest writer that I own

post-8390-1208610150_thumb.jpg

Delta Dolce Vita Oversize duo - our engagement presents :embarrassed_smile: However the pens aren't really identical ... The craftsmanship is terrific, gorgeous writers and soo beautifull!

Amazing pen.

post-8390-1208610455_thumb.jpg

Aurora Ipsilon - my everyday writer - there is something special about Aurora nibs

post-8390-1208610652_thumb.jpg

Visconti Ragtime II with a guilloche pattern and piston fill - seamless writer and a very light pen, however info on this model is very scarce

post-8390-1208610758_thumb.jpg

Marlen Nature Sempreverde - a fantastic lightweight piston filler with a smooth 18k gold nib - if someone has more info on this one will be apreciated

post-8390-1208610976_thumb.jpg

Visconti Opera Club Nordic Blue - the latest conquest - more beautiful than any picture can show - great writer

post-8390-1208611134_thumb.jpg

here it is our little family of Italian pens :rolleyes:

Edited by davidv7

I just recently obtained some Italians--Delta Maasai fountain pen and rollerball:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/MYU701/pens/Delta/Delta-Maasai_pens-s.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/MYU701/pens/Delta/Delta-Maasai_pens-capped-s.jpg

But wow, this thread is enticing... those Visconti's and Montegrappa's! :puddle:

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

I have just joined the forum and what better way to get started than by showing off some of my Italians.

Delta Planets

Delta Alfa Romeo Trofeo Giulietta

Delta Profili

Omas Milord-Chocolate Brown

Montegrappa Symphony-Turquoise

Visconti Wall Street-Blue

Visconti Opera-Typhoon Blue

Stipula Dallas Edition Amber Celluloid 24/55

Stipula Novecento Rex-002/925 (purchased new from Regina Martini and still uninked)

Stipula Etruria Amber Celluloid

The Montegrappa with 18K fine nib, the Omas with 18K fine nib and the Etruria with 14K fine nib are among the top ten writers in my collection.

More to come.

Wow after seeing all these amazing Italian pens you guys have I feel a bit ashamed for having only 6 but here they are never the less and I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

My Italian pens are:

1.Visconti Copernicus LE

2.Visconti Rinascimenta Star Dust

3.Omas Paragon

4.Omas Ogiva

5.Delta Israel 60 LE

6.Delta Dolce Vita OS

Its amazing how well Italians pens are.They are both beautiful and great to write with.

post-2027-1209056398_thumb.jpg

Respect to all

some AURORA safetys 1920s to 2007:

I search for all pens and informations made in Pforzheim, e.g. Sarastro, Fend

Wow after seeing all these amazing Italian pens you guys have I feel a bit ashamed for having only 6 but here they are never the less and I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

I have none. :embarrassed_smile:

purpledog

Looking at these pens I think there not so many Marlen around the world, are they?

I have five: two Atellan tales rollerballs, two Dot Com pens, and a Journal.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

some AURORA safetys 1920s to 2007:

Is the first the Umberto Nobile one?

<i><b><font size="4"><a href="http://www.duninet.com" target="_blank">Andrea Duni</a></font></b><br><font color="#696969">(ex Netnemo)</font></i><br><br><b>Join the FPN Groups on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/fountainpennetwork/" target="_blank">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/799587" target="_blank">LinkedIn</a></b>

Is the first the Umberto Nobile one?

Yes, it is

I search for all pens and informations made in Pforzheim, e.g. Sarastro, Fend

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

These are my Auroras:

Left to right:

1. 88 large size black gold trim M

2. 88 large size vermeil M

3. Optima black gold trim M

4. Optima black gold Italic

5. Italian Flag LE:

a. Red F

b. White M

c. Green B

6. 88 Demo chrome trim LE M

7. Benvenuto Cellini - Hong Kong Commemoration M

My other Italians:

1. Montegrappa Classica black M

2. Montegrappa Extra parchment M

3. Montegrappa Extra 1930 marbled green B

4. Montegrappa Extra 1930 turtle brown M

5. Visconti Opera Club honey almond M

6. Visconti Wall Street red B

7. Visconti Van Gogh blue M

Hello all.

These are my Auroras:

Amazing collection. You need now to go towards the Auroloide Optimas... ;)

You don't like Talentum or Ipsilon? They are nice pens too. The steel nib of the Ipsilon is excellent.

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

These are my Auroras:

5. Italian Flag LE:

a. Red F

b. White M

c. Green B

These are my favorite in your collection!

etherX in To Miasto

It was a nice day yesterday so I snapped some pics outside. Here's a group of Delta Lever Filling Limited Editions from my collection. I love Delta lever fillers. Great size and weight (big but not overly heavy), beautiful nibs, unusual trim, and very reliable. From left to right:

Pompeii (celluloid)

Collosseum

Nazareth 2000

20th Anniversary Edition

Maasai

Native American

Tuareg (Very underrated, IMO. Nice shape and size, and this one has a great factory stub.)

Indios

La Citta Reale (celluloid)

Caruso (celluloid)

Ones that got away- I had an Inuit lever filler, but prefer the pen with the silver trim, so now I have the cartridge filling version. Also, the Nazareth 2000 is #2. Had one which I sold several years ago, which I missed greatly. Luckily, this one came along last year, at a good price and with a fantastic Minuskin stub to boot. When I originally sold the Nazareth I also let my Venezia go. I still miss that one...

Tuareg (Very underrated, IMO. Nice shape and size, and this one has a great factory stub.)

Indios

La Citta Reale (celluloid)

Caruso (celluloid)

Wow. I really like the four on the right, especially the Tuareg (? blue one). Is the clip the shape of a sword? LOVE IT! Next favorite is La Citta Reale.

Hrm... I have only the one, a Visconti Metropolis, but now... I'm trying to resist temptation!

etherX in To Miasto