Pilot 78G Demonstrator Where To Get?

Tenkai

Hi guys,

I heard that there's a Pilot 78G demonstrator, anyone knows where can I find it?

It is not a Pilot Crystal as it is screw capped and takes international carts. Also, anyone knows how durable is the plastic?

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenkai

• KBeezie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a 78G Demonstrator, only Teal, Green, Burgundy and Black. I'd be curious to see one.

It's a pretty solid plastic, I have two.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/78G/pair.jpg

Got one with a Broad Stub nib and one with a Medium (Also available in Fine) got both my from JStationery for 10.50 each.

They take Pilot Cartridges (but come with a squeeze converter)

You're probably thinking of this from back in 2010, though doesn't seem like it was ever officially sold as a 78G.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/179228-pilot-demonstrator/

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/yuckkie/Pilot%2078G%20Demonstrator/001.jpg

Yup, that's the post I saw.

But I tried looking it up eBay, couldn't find any.

It is not really a 78G but is the closest model I can think of.

Any ideas? :)

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

Yup, that's the post I saw.

But I tried looking it up eBay, couldn't find any.

It is not really a 78G but is the closest model I can think of.

Any ideas? :)

Nope, and I did my fair share of searching too, seems like anyone who got one is holding on to it for dear life. (and since they ran $30 or so, I don't think anyone is going to bother selling).

Sigh, if only the Pilot Crystal was made of Polypropylene/Polyethylene instead of Polystyrene.

Guess I have to stick to my Pilot Preppy frankenpen for now :(