Info Required On Pen Stand

steven r

hi, i picked this stand up from a car boot sale last year, does anyone have any info on it, i have googled it and looked at hundreds of images of pen holders and have found nothing, a friend of mine informs me it is walnut and from the1930s? it has brass around the bottom edge and brass on the four top edges, any help would be much appreciated, the photo is with my waterman 92, bronze lizard skin pattern, thanks

post-111737-0-30897100-1394980895_thumb.jpg

post-111737-0-04095600-1394980953_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven r

• da vinci

• warblerick

• Lou Erickson

No idea about the pen stand, but it sure looks great with that pen! :)

This looks a lovely stand :thumbup:

thanks da vinci, could it be a stand for something else? i have even searched cigar stands as a last resort to find some info on it, any sort of ideas are welcome, regards, Steve

I am not sure Steven, but you would think that the big groove running vertically would have a purpose. I just do not know what!

I assumed that was so you could get your fingers underneath to pick whatever it is up.

I have no idea anything about it, but it's an attractive thing.

Perhaps you should take it into an antique store or send the picture to an antique web site and see if they know what it is?

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

I don't usually like pen rests but I really like this one. Nice find!

Thank you Novarider, when i bought it the brass was not visible, someone must have given it a good coat of wood varnish or wood stain and covered the lot with it, while it sat on my desk one sunny day, (rare in Scotland) i got a glimpse of a shine and out came the metal polish and the brass was revealed, your mention of pen "rest" will send me on a new search, thanks

I assumed that was so you could get your fingers underneath to pick whatever it is up.

I have no idea anything about it, but it's an attractive thing.

Perhaps you should take it into an antique store or send the picture to an antique web site and see if they know what it is?

Thanks Lou, i will look into that this weekend, not many antique shops where i live but i will try the internet, regards, Steve

I have nearly the same stand but in clear glass.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

it must be a treasure, was it made as a one off and where did you find it, i am trying to find any info on my wood one, thanks, Steve in Scotland.